• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Cancellations: Greek Ferries

• Thread starter Deleted member 76633
  • Start date
OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 76633

Had a ferry booked to connect the Via Francigena nel Sud to Greece but that is out of the question at least for this year. However the Greek government has issued the following instructions with regards to cancellations as follows

* According to the new act of legislative active, passengers with tickets for travel until 31/10/2020 who cannot travel due to travel restrictions, or who do not wish to travel due to uncertainty because of the pandemic or due to cancellation of their scheduled sailings must convert their tickets into open date tickets at least 24 hours prior their departure, which these can be used within the period of 18 months from the date of departure of their original tickets
* In case the passengers wish to travel on a date or in an accommodation category for the same or different destination with a higher fare, than the fare of the original tickets, the resulting fare difference should be paid
* In case that open tickets have not been used by the end of the 18 months period, then the passengers are entitled to receive the full of the fare of the open tickets, they have in their possession

So, as long as you remember you have the voucher (quite a few forget) and you wait 18 months, you can get your money back. Quite sensible from a Greek government point of view as it restricts cash outflows for the ferry companies but I think it kills the idea of claiming back a refund on the credit card.

Looks like I'll be going to Greece whether I like it or not.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I don't know when you were thinking of going, but there were only 10 new cases of Covid-19 in Greece yesterday. The government is expected to begin lifting restrictions on Monday. All the cafés and tavernas here are getting ready to open. It really hasn't been bad in Greece at all and I expect Greece will be open for tourists sometime in the next couple of months (maybe sooner) but if you are outside Schengen it might not be so easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back