A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Cannot send Private Message / Conversation

mustbjones

Camino(s) past & future
Fall 2013
I am unable to send a Private Message any more. I have tested this by trying to send messages to falcon269, Pilgrim47, even myself. When I push the Submit button an error message shows up saying no recipient specified. Please help. Thanks. MBJ

Advertisment

Maggie97520

Camino(s) past & future
CDF Fall 2013, CDF Spring 2014
Are you using the ipad app (or something similar)? I know the ipad app won't allow PMs. That will change when Invar upgrades the software - next week, I think.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Just to add to Falcons post. None of the folders;- Inbox; Outbox; etc will hold more than 50 messages. You can either empty them as Falcon says or delete selected messages. There is also a setting to automatically delete oldest messages from a full folder. I am not sure that this works for the Outbox too.
Once there is space any incoming messages will appear OK, but you might have to re type outgoing ones and re-send.
:)

Advertisment

mustbjones

Camino(s) past & future
Fall 2013
I have tried sending messages from both an iPad and from the desktop (web). I do not believe that I have sent or received more than 50 messages, but I will check.

mustbjones

Camino(s) past & future
Fall 2013
I have 7 received messages & 10 sent messages. My traveling companion also tried sending a PM from his desktop (I believe he uses Explorer) and was unable to send a message to Ivar. Clicking on the "Find ..." link produces nothing.

Camino(s) past & future
SDC(2013), LePuy(2013), Arles(2015)
I can't figure out how to send a private message, either. Someone sent me one yesterday, and when I tried to reply, all I got were error messages saying the conversation did not exist. Then I figured out how to start a private conversation, wrote it, added myself and my intended recipient's "screen names", did a preview of my message, but then could not figure out how to send it.

When I searched FAQs and generally for "how to send a private message", "how to private message", etc., I found nothing. Has a how-to been written for this? Can someone point me to it? I am a computer illiterate, so maybe how to do this is obvious to others. Please, some guidance...

FWIW, I'm using a MacBook Pro and a Firefox browser. Does that make any difference? I looked in my Camino Forum inbox, but there's nothing there. I've never sent anyone anything, so I don't think it's full.

PM's are now called Private Conversations. Look at the top of the page in the middle. You should see in green Recent Posts, Private Conversations and Latest Alerts (in blue).

1) Click on Private Conversations
2) Click on Start a New Conversation (upper right hand corner
3) Under Participants type in the name of the person you want to communicate with
4) Fill in a title for the Conversation
5) Write your message
6) Click start a Conversation and your message will be sent.

I just followed these steps and sent you a message. By the way your name comes up twice. Once with your picture and once without.
Now send me back a message.
Good luck!

brawblether

Camino(s) past & future
June/Jul 2012; Feb 2014
Another way to start a private conversation (PM) with someone is to click on their name where they have contributed to a thread (ie under their profile picture on the left hand column of the threads). A small box will open and you will see options to view their profile, follow, and start a conversation. Clicking on the latter will take you to a new conversation with their name already in the recipient field. You add a title and your message and down the bottom click Start a Conversation.

Camino(s) past & future
SDC(2013), LePuy(2013), Arles(2015)
PM's are now called Private Conversations. Look at the top of the page in the middle. You should see in green Recent Posts, Private Conversations and Latest Alerts (in blue).

3) Under Participants type in the name of the person you want to communicate with
5) Write your message

I just followed these steps and sent you a message. By the way your name comes up twice. Once with your picture and once without.
Good luck!
Thank you, LTfit! Your directions work - I've now been able to reply to conversations as well as start new conversations. So if anyone else was wondering how to do it, just follow LTfit's instructions, or the ones explained by brawblether (thank you, too.)

Richo

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2014; Via Podiensis 2017, Camino Frances planned for 2018.

5) Write your message

Good luck!
I assumed "start a conversation" meant another different and new conversation. Perhaps "send" might be more specific?

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.5%