A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Canoing the Cele?

Camino Badges

kmccue

Camino(s) past & future
Planning to do the Cele variant in mid September and I've read some threads about actually renting a canoe for a 1/2 day...or kayak? Where would be the best place to "put in" and also get out? I think that could be a fun way to see the river.

TaijiPilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2011), Camino Frances (2015), Camino Ingles (2017), Camino Muxia (2017)
I have not done this, but those who do generally start in Marcilhac. There is a company that arranges the trip, rents the canoe or kayak, and transports your luggage to take out point.

wayfarer

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
Have a look here:

Kitsambler

Jakobsweg Junkie
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy 2010-11, Prague 2012, Nuremberg 2013, Einsiedeln 2015, Geneva 2017-18
While I haven't boated the Cele, I did boat one day of the Rhone. The boat-rental people arrange the entry and exit points, and will transport your bag betwixt. It made a lovely break, especially in this summer heat!

happymarkos

HappyMark
Camino(s) past & future
2013 CF
2014 Le Puy-St Jean. 2014&16 Volunteer St JP
2016 Portuguese
2017 Porto-Santiago
Planning to do the Cele variant in mid September and I've read some threads about actually renting a canoe for a 1/2 day...or kayak? Where would be the best place to "put in" and also get out? I think that could be a fun way to see the river.
It was incredibly hot when walked the Camino so we did this variation in September so hired a canoe for half a day. Can’t remember where we put in. Yes they carried our bag. Some areas were shallow so you might need to ask about stream levels. Exciting going down the chute at the side of the weir. Enjoy
Happymark

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%