• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Can't find how to change my 'Year of past OR future Camino' blurb

Lhollo

Time of past OR future Camino
CF pt2, Belorado to Sarria, May 21 – June 12, 2022
I have tried! I have!

These techy things don't usually defeat me!

But no, I just can't alter that bit under my photo where it says I've postponed my Camino to last May 2021.

Please, can anyone tell me what to click?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have tried! I have!

These techy things don't usually defeat me!

But no, I just can't alter that bit under my photo where it says I've postponed my Camino to last May 2021.

Please, can anyone tell me what to click?
Click on your name right/top and click on Details. Near the bottom of your details, there's box for that. However, I think this possibility has been limited a bit, only allowing you a year number. Not sure.

We oldtimers who have entered the details long ago, will still have them (as you can see under my avatar).

Last edited by a moderator:
As Alex said, that feature has changed, so some people (like him) still have their old text still there, but it cannot be edited
Yes. Word to the wise: if you have the old long-format information, don't go in there to thinking you can update it, because you'll find you're now stuck with this new format.
😟

[Things in life that work fine and get changed for the worse department...]

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I'll keep that history. It is longer then it seems though, due to space constraints. Many more walks after latest update, but who cares...

Me again, ok so I have changed some things.. the Year of past or future camino can now be any text, but only up tp 50 characters long. I am trying to make it short. If you want longer tests (or a long list of previous caminos) please use the signature.

Hope this is easier for everyone...
Thanks Ivar. I like the option to list Caminos in the signature - it was a good innovation. And also to limit text under the avatar, IMO 😀.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Several posts have been deleted, since Ivar has now made some changes.

To change the information given under your avatar, follow these steps:
  1. Go to your profile by clicking on your name at the top right of the screen
  2. Select Account Details
  3. Scroll down to "Past or Present Camino"
  4. Enter whatever text you want, but only up to 50 characters.
More details on your camino experience can be included in your signature. See Rule 11 for what you can do there.

Most read last week in this forum

I've made a couple of posts this morning. I wanted to add a few words to one of them and discovered that there is no option to edit the post. Is this a temporary glitch or a permanent change? Or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.