A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Can't respond.

Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 will be Camino #14.
I'm having problems again responding to posts.
The only way to do it is to hit reply.
It will NOT give you a place to write but it will post that you have replied.
Then you have to go back and edit.
What's up?

Advertisment

annakappa

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Part frances jun 07/rest frances may- jun 2008/Frances sept-oct 2009/ Sanabres Oct 2010/Frances sept-oct 2011/Aragones Sept-Oct 2012. Hospitalero Sept 2010, Amiga in Pilgrim's Office Oct 2013. Part Primitivo Oct 2013. Portugues from Porto June 2015.
What's up?
I'm having the same problem. Yesterday, i tried in vain to make a reply, but it just didn't work. It kept posting that I had replied and I had to keep editing and remove my no post!
To reply to this message, no window came up. I had to "quote" Annie's message and with this, I could carry on. Anne

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
If you are using a computer try clearing the cookies, it has worked for me on other places in the past. However yesterday I had no problem with the forum but couldn't make blogger work even clearing cookies.

What's up?
Hi, Annie, I often have this problem when I am on my ipad and am trying to respond. When I go to the place at the bottom of the thread where I usually reply, all I see is my picture on the left, but no line of text symbols above the space where I type. And then I can't type any text. Ivar explained to me that it means that the program doesn't fully load and it has to do with Safari. See posts #161 and further on: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/some-basic-instructions.19845/page-2#post-181613

Advertisment

annakappa

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Part frances jun 07/rest frances may- jun 2008/Frances sept-oct 2009/ Sanabres Oct 2010/Frances sept-oct 2011/Aragones Sept-Oct 2012. Hospitalero Sept 2010, Amiga in Pilgrim's Office Oct 2013. Part Primitivo Oct 2013. Portugues from Porto June 2015.
Yes, Laurie. I was and am now using my IPad. However today the space to type and line of symbols are in place! So yes, Ivar, the problem has gone away! Anne

jpflavin1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(10,11,17), Vasco(12), Salvador(13), Primitivo(13), Norte(14), Madrid (16), Mozarabe (18)
I have always found that re-booting solves a lot of problems.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Trying to even get the forum page up was a non-starter this morning (PC using Firefox). I had to delete the cookies, delete the 'allow cookies' and close Firefox, then restart, allow cookies etc before I could get the page to load. Not sure why, it might be browser updates or similar which fouls things up. Obviously logged in OK now and Terry had no problem on a different computer so it wasn't the line.
I just love computers................;)

Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 will be Camino #14.
I am not on my iPad, but on my desktop.
I've tried going out and coming back in - no dice.
That's ok - it's a minor issue.
Just wondered if I was the only one.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Annie I had to go to 'Tools' -> Options ->Privacy-> and both Exceptions and Show cookies and take the forum out of both places, then close my browser. On re-opening and going to the forum I then had to allow the cookies again. It might also be worth clearing your history and cache before closing the browser. I think I did it for the past 1 hour. Hope that helps.

pilgrim b

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Frances 2013
Ingles 2014
Frances 2015
St Cuthbert's Way 2017
Via Francegena 2018
What's up?
Applemac does sometimes omit the box to answer in, but when it does just refresh the page top RH of the screen circular arrow next to where it says reader usually works for me with Safari.Hope this helps Annie.

Carol06

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (May 2012)
Frances (May 2015) all going well and with my husband this time.
Please can you tell me how to join your Facebook page? I understand you have contact with many pilgrims.

tploomis

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sept. to Nov., 2013
What browsers are you using @annakappa and @Anniesantiago ? Is it Safari? I have not changed anything over the last few days... so I am not sure what it might be.. Did it go away or are you still having this problem?
I am having the same problem. I am using Safari. The only way I could post this reply was to edit a blank posting.

pudgypilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
voie de tours 2015
I've been having this problem in Safari, too. Refreshing the page used to work, but now the only solution seems to be to empty the cache and refresh the page. In recent safari versions you will need to enable the Develop menu in the Safari prefs>advanced to be able to empty the cache.

pilgrim b

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Frances 2013
Ingles 2014
Frances 2015
St Cuthbert's Way 2017
Via Francegena 2018
What's up?
Hi Annie I am always on Safari (Applemac) and when ever this does happen either replying or sending a pm all do is refresh the page until it all loads up most times its ok, but refreshing the page does the trick after the first or certainly the second attempt.
Hope this helps

tploomis

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sept. to Nov., 2013
It took five refreshes to get the post reply option to appear with my Safari.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I have been trying to figure out exactly what is going on... but have bot been able to reproduce the problem. Since there are so many of you that have this problem, it must exists... and I will continue to investigate..

Will let you all know when I have found the solution, so that we can confirm that it is fixed.

Thanks!
Ivar

Camino(s) past & future
(2014) Camino France from SJPdP
(2017 sept) Camino France from Burgos
Ivar, on my Safari browser, with round style, it has been the
"search function" on top right side
"write reply" and
"conversation envelope" on top right side
....that gives trouble.
It seems like some functions abort in uploading.

Camino(s) past & future
(2014) Camino France from SJPdP
(2017 sept) Camino France from Burgos
Fantastic :)

Leaving Sørlandet tomorrow, Bilbao next !

jirit

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
Thanks ! Seems to have fixed the issue since I can actually use safari on my iPad to post entries on the forum whereby in the past that would be impossible. Will test the Mac mini later today.

pilgrim b

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Frances 2013
Ingles 2014
Frances 2015
St Cuthbert's Way 2017
Via Francegena 2018
Thank you Ivar we appreciate the trouble you take, most of the time it was OK for me on macbook and I just refreshed to reload the page.

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%