A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Capdenac-Gare

2020 Camino Guides

zenofmatthew

Camino(s) past & future
The dimensions of
length and breadth are now unplanned,
depth and time are cast.
In the planning stages of a quick trip along the Le Puy, starting in Figeac. If I take the train in from Toulouse, most likely (depending on departure) I'll have to hop off at Capdenac-Gare to change trains or find alternate means to Figeac. The village of Capdenac (on the other side of the river) looks very pretty and worth a stop, and it's about 5k into Figeac. Have you taken this walk? Or would it be better to take a taxi? Or just change trains and get on with my life? :)

Barbara

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Norte (twice)and Primitivo, Sureste, In France From home Tours and Vézelay, also Le Puy
I've walked the Le Puy route, but I don't remember going via Capdenac. As it's not far, why not walk it anyway? It looks as if once you cross the river there is a GR (6A) after a stretch of road. The road is the D840, then you can branch off it and take a marked route which joins the GR65 just south of Figeac.

zenofmatthew

Camino(s) past & future
The dimensions of
length and breadth are now unplanned,
depth and time are cast.
The walk didn't scare me, the traffic on a narrow, hilly road did. This is good information, thanks!

lovingkindness

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
The walk didn't scare me, the traffic on a narrow, hilly road did. This is good information, thanks!
… I should think most of the traffic follows the D840 through the tunnel rather than turning left onto the narrow road, signed 'Vic', which winds up to Capdenac haut. :)

Looking at google images, after crossing the bridge there is ample space to walk by the road as far as the tunnel. Before the tunnel turn left where there is a sign, 'Vic'....follow Le Lot River etc etc....

Cheers
LK

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
S The Le Puy Route 9
OLDER threads on this topic
Lyon Airport to Gare La Part Dieu advice

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 47 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 173 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 279 24.3%