• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Car parking in Seville for 1 month

jony jony

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances ( 2007) Via de la Plata 2016/2017 . Sept 2018...Via de la Plata...May2019 via de la plata
Desperate to Cycle the Vdlp / Sanabres one last time in , hopefully , September i am thinking of possibly driving to Seville or Cadiz with my newly acquired (second hand) folding bike which i bought just for this pilgrimage . One of my plans is to drive down to Seville , find car parking for a month , cycle to Santiago then catch the bus back to Seville . At the moment i am just researching the possibilities such as parking , bus back to Seville etc .

I think there is a long term car park near the airport but i believe they require the car keys to be left with them .

I would like to hear from anyone who has left their car in Seville or indeed Cadiz to do the pilgrimage to Santiago .
Thanks in advance .

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Typing your request into a well-known search engine came up with six options, all with decent feedback, ranging from 62 to 95 euro for a month. That was specifically for long-stay parking at the airport. None of the options seem life-changingly expensive.

I think you’re more likely to get direct feedback and advice on your specific needs if you look on a Spanish parking or airport forum. I suspect the majority of long-stay parkers at Seville airport are not setting out on Camino.

A fair number of UK airport long stay parking businesses now require the keys as they offer a close-to-terminal drop off and your car is then relocated to secure parking elsewhere. I’ve used this kind of service many times with no issue and have changed my return date, also with no issue.

Good luck.

Henrythedog.......Thanks for your reply . I did a search of car parking in Seville some 3 weeks ago and there was no availability At ....Jose Laguillo....Mercado De Triana....Mercado El Arenal car parks for the month of September ( maybe something to do with Covid lockdown ? )

I did a search specifically for airport parking after your reply and did indeed find several car parks with availability so thanks for that .

Regards....John

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Just an idea for you. A few years ago we did a walk in Spain and found a nice campsite and asked if we could leave our car there and paid for a weeks car parking, we parked near their reception and it was perfectly safe when we taxied back to them

Desperate to Cycle the Vdlp / Sanabres one last time in , hopefully , September i am thinking of possibly driving to Seville or Cadiz with my newly acquired (second hand) folding bike which i bought just for this pilgrimage . One of my plans is to drive down to Seville , find car parking for a month , cycle to Santiago then catch the bus back to Seville . At the moment i am just researching the possibilities such as parking , bus back to Seville etc .

I think there is a long term car park near the airport but i believe they require the car keys to be left with them .

I would like to hear from anyone who has left their car in Seville or indeed Cadiz to do the pilgrimage to Santiago .
Thanks in advance .
Geez, rent a car.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Thanks in advance .
The long term car park at the airport in Seville would be perfect for you. I am talking about the Aena car park (P2) at the airport. The secret is to apply to be a socio (member) - it is free and it gets you about a 60% discount. No need to leave your keys or any nonsense like that. The Aena web-site has an English option but if you need any more info or help with anything then just drop me a line.

Ronald H ......Why rent a car , drive it for 2/3 days to Spain then leave it parked for a month , then drive it back to the u k in another 2/3 days , ? if that is what you are saying .

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ronald H ......Why rent a car , drive it for 2/3 days to Spain then leave it parked for a month , then drive it back to the u k in another 2/3 days , ? if that is what you are saying .
I wonder if Ronald is thinking just of a hired car from your home, jony jony, and returning the car at the Seville airport or wherever, cycling your route, and then hiring another car to return home???

So , leave an English registered rental car in Spain on my outward journey and then a Spanish registered rental car in the U K ? I think this would be prohibitively expensive just to save 100 euros or so on parking , but thanks for your reply .

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
So , leave an English registered rental car in Spain on my outward journey and then a Spanish registered rental car in the U K ? I think this would be prohibitively expensive just to save 100 euros or so on parking , but thanks for your reply .
True. I thought you were from Spain.

Ahh O K Roland H

Thank you for your thoughts and your reply .

Regards.....John

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you Foden for your camp site idea as i would prefer to start In Cadiz ( along the Via Augusta , i believe )and i am sure there are several camp sites around that area .

i would prefer to start In Cadiz ( along the Via Augusta , i believe )and i am sure there are several camp sites around that area .
I'm glad to hear you are planning another ride!

If you are going to start in Cadiz, you might find some helpful route information on the Transandalus website. Their route from Cadiz to Sevilla is excellent and there is full information for free in their handbooks. We did that route on folding mountain bikes in the opposite direction and loved it. You can download the tracks from Wikiloc also. Good luck on what sounds like a wonderful ride!

Transandalus in the province of Cadiz

Transandalus in the province of Sevilla This has an alternative route that is a connection between Sanlucar de Barrameda and Sevilla via Coria del Rio.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance .
Have you considered parking at Santiago and taking a train back to your desired start point? This one is at the airport but I think there are others. 69 Euros for a month plus does transfers. https://parkingsantiago.es/en/

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Roby.......A month was just a figure plucked from the air and i was allowing a few days to get from Seville to Cadiz ( including a couple of days to look around if i decide to start my pilgrimage from Cadiz ) , a wander around Seville , Merida , Salamanca and a couple of days at the wonderful Roman hot springs in Ourense and finally the time to get back to Seville by public transport , and apart from all that , at 77, pedalling is not quite as easy as it was 10 years ago 🤪🤪

Last edited:
Islandwalker.....once again i have to thank you for your most helpful links to the Transandalus's trails and i will study them closely .

Thank you ,

I hope that I will be able to go on such a bike trip at that age :)
Google Maps says you’ll make about 7 700 meters of uphill.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Islandwalker.....once again i have to thank you for your most helpful links to the Transandalus's trails and i will study them closely .

Thank you ,
@jony jony, I always have fun imagining your rides! Have you seen this video about cycling the Via Augusta and Via de la Plata starting in Cadiz? It won't play in the US, but maybe it will for you...?

Last edited:
Hello Islandwalker .....Many thanks one again for your reply . Unfortunately , like you , i cannot download the video .
Thank you anyway

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
After 16 days of walking (plus another three days to explore Salamanca and Zamora) I've finished my walk on the Vía de la Plata and am now continuing on the Camino Sanabres. If anyone's...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading to Aciberos. There...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back