• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Car Seat

Casserole

Time of past OR future Camino
2009 - Solo, SJPdP to Finisterre
2018 - Daughter (2) and Hubby, Sarria to SdC
We are doing a long flight from Minnesota to Madrid, taking the train to Sarria, walking the last 100km, and then renting a car to cruise around Spain with our 2 year old.

Where on earth do we get a car seat? Renting one is going to be expensive (2 different car rentals adding up to $160 USD).

I can get a cheap one in the states for $40-50, but trekking it across the Camino is going to be difficult.

Any suggestions on where to find on in SdC?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You bring yours. Good for the plane ( also usually free to bring). Once you land you mail it to Ivar to be picked up at the end to use in your rental car. Unless you want it for the train- it may act as more of a booster so he /she can see out the window on the train.
There are many links and info on this site with the address to send it. Fees are nominal.....and you'll know how to use your own seat.

Here is the info to mail it:​

Ivar Rekve
ATT: [Your name goes here]
TravesĂ­a da Universidade 1
15704 Santiago de Compostela
La Coruña
Spain
Sometimes they ask for my contact phone number. If so, please use: (+34) 603 466 490

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The Correos can put it into a 'Sac Mochila' ( a big yellow nylon bag) to protect it in transit. Or, you might have a transport bag for it already. In either event, sending your car seat ahead through the post, to Ivar is the best bet, IMHO.

Wow! Thank you guys so much!

I can't even express how much I appreciate this community.

Here is the info to mail it:​

Ivar Rekve​
ATT: [Your name goes here]​
TravesĂ­a da Universidade 1​
15704 Santiago de Compostela​
La Coruña​
Spain​
Sometimes they ask for my contact phone number. If so, please use: (+34) 603 466 490

Should I give him a heads up that I'm sending it?

And to pick it up. Do I just swing by his place or email/call?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
You can tell him what he is expecting. There is also something about pick ups on Sunday.
As I type I am trying to find the spot on this web site with th info. You could private message him . you can do that through your inbox. Give me a few minutes and I will find it

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back