• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Care to participate in a new Camino book?

IgorK

Time of past OR future Camino
Future only atm.
Dear all!

My name is Igor and I'd like to inform you all that a new book on Camino is being born while you're reading this post! I'll do my best to keep the post short, and if you have any additional questions you can comment here or email me at igorkalaba@hotmail.com.

First of all, to calm your fears, you won’t spend a lot of time on this. Bellow you have a link where you basically input all of the needed information. Also, you can, but don’t have to have a skype chat with the author. The chat shouldn’t take up more than 30 minutes of your life.

Re the input of the information, its all pretty basic info (age, country of origin...) plus a 300 word story/comment on your trip. You don’t have to fear this bit bit, because the editor will smooth all the edges, what’s important is your experience.

IMPORTANT: You choose if you want your name to be published or not, your photo or not… the minimum which needs to be published is your gender, age and country of origin. All of this will, together with other stuff, be guaranteed by a contract you will sign. Also, in case you are not happy with the editors cut, you have a right to ask for additional changes to your story.

You can check out the sign-up form here:
https://app.getresponse.com/site2/sharingyourcaminoexperience?u=oEF&webforms_id=13044005

Please, let me know if you are interested, need more information or have friends and family who would be willing to participate.

Bellow you can find more info about Carol, the author of the project:

Carol Lin

I was born and brought up in Taiwan, lived in the United States for 30 years. I received B.S. and Master Degrees in Electrical Engineering from Cornell University, and MBA from UCLA. I worked in high tech companies as well as my own company. I was kind of an “achiever”. I followed the “correct path”, did the “right things”, I achieved my check lists and the goals I set out to achieved. I started designing my retirement home I thought I had my life all figured out and worked out. I thought I’d start to enjoy living ever after with my husband. Then, the tragedy happened and the divorce followed. My blind spots finally caught up with me. My ego didn’t know humility until I was wacked on the head. The excruciating emotional pain debilitated me. The tidal waves of fears swallowed me. It seemed nothing, no money, no medicine, no food, no drinks, …. nothing could ease my pain. I felt paralyzed and hopeless. At first, I didn’t know what to do. For months, I was just trying to grasp for air to stay alive. Then a tiny thought emerged. Just a simple fragile thought – “There must be a way out of this misery.” The hope grew so fast because I desperately needed faith. I started seeking help from sources I never thought I would – intellectual understanding of midlife crisis (yes, I tried to make sense out of all these), spirituality, and energy healing. With a single thought toward the right direction, a brand new magical and glorious door opened to me. I entered the realm of the divine connection. I got out of my emotional trauma within 2 years with flying colors. I started to detox on myself more and more, and I started to share my gifts with others. I became a life coach and a major publisher published 2 of my books on emotional healing. I was so fulfilled when I saw people transforming from self-blame to forgiveness, from self-doubt to confidence, from living in fear to living in love, from living in lack to living in abundance.

Through a wonderful friend and a synchronistic event – a video interview of one of my coaches, I stepped on to the journey of Camino de Santiago.

This journey sent me to another level of personal discovery. I have an urge to share my story with people who haven’t experienced their gifts. Yet, different from other books I wrote, I realized, EVERYBODY has a story, every pilgrim received their gifts, and many love to share. That’s why I want to offer my service to help people with big heart and unconditional love to share their stories, so that more people can benefit from the gifts of the Camino de Santiago.

Throughout my journey on the Camino, I heard many stories from fellow pilgrims, they drew us closer together. I realize although we all look different, come from different cultures and back grounds, speaking different languages … we have more similarities than differences. We are all son and daughters, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, we all can get blisters, we all yearn for acceptance, love and connection, peace and joy.

I believe world peace starts from each of us achieving our own inner peace. Joy and love starts from each of us surrendering our own ego so that we can live an authentic life. That’s what this journey is about.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I suggest that everybody reads the fine print before submitting any story. In short, you give up all intellectual (copyright) rights to your story and the publisher can do pretty much do with it what they want - and no, even if the book should become a bestseller - you will not see a cent of the royalties. Writer beware! SY

Back when I read books, I read a lot of self-help books. I was always left with the feeling that each one could help some people, but not everyone. I find caminos great tonics, but not for everything and everyone. The book sounds like a worthwhile project for many, so good luck. Maybe THE universal truth finally will be found. :);)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Back when I read books, I read a lot of self-help books. I was always left with the feeling that each one could help some people, but not everyone. I find caminos great tonics, but not for everything and everyone. The book sounds like a worthwhile project for many, so good luck. Maybe THE universal truth finally will be found. :);)

Interesting admission. Would you mind explaining why you no longer read as well as walk?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I suggest that everybody reads the fine print before submitting any story. In short, you give up all intellectual (copyright) rights to your story and the publisher can do pretty much do with it what they want - and no, even if the book should become a bestseller - you will not see a cent of the royalties. Writer beware! SY

Dear Syates,

I don't think that there is a lot of fine print to be read here. If there are inquiries everyone is free to ask, as I've stressed in my original post. However, since you've opened the topic, and its great you did, yes, you are correct regarding the royalties, such is the arrangement. However, the rest is not true. As I've said, contributors will have control over what and in which form gets published, and in order to make sure that happens, a contract will be signed with all contributors. I myself am not in charge of that part, but all contributors will be well have a chance to study the contract, if they decide to share their story. The royalties issue is also mentioned in the contract as well, and the size of the print is the same as in the rest of it :)

Thanks for the kind wishes! Would you be interested in contributing?

I couldn't agree more with you re what helps some and what helps others. One size does definitely not fit all. Verses of one of my favorite bands, translated to English say: "it doesn't matter if its yoga or drugs, what matters is where you get through it" :)

... However, the rest is not true. As I've said, contributors will have control over what and in which form gets published, and in order to make sure that happens, a contract will be signed with all contributors. I myself am not in charge of that part, but all contributors will be well have a chance to study the contract, if they decide to share their story. The royalties issue is also mentioned in the contract as well, and the size of the print is the same as in the rest of it :)

Hi Igor,

The terms for contributors here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx7TRTCsyoe0dHFDRlc2QXlKR00/view state clearly (amongst a lot of other things)

"“Book” shall mean all forms of publications created by Carol Lin and her affiliated companies and publishers, which contains the stories of various contributors on the theme Camino de Santiago."

Which means it can be published in a nearly unlimited amount of ways (ebook, print, audio, on a website).

and also

"The Contributors agree that we shall have the complete right to edit, transcribe the stories submitted by the Contributors, if the story submitted by them is selected for publication;"

BC SY

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Igor,

The terms for contributors here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx7TRTCsyoe0dHFDRlc2QXlKR00/view state clearly (amongst a lot of other things)

"“Book” shall mean all forms of publications created by Carol Lin and her affiliated companies and publishers, which contains the stories of various contributors on the theme Camino de Santiago."

Which means it can be published in a nearly unlimited amount of ways (ebook, print, audio, on a website).

and also

"The Contributors agree that we shall have the complete right to edit, transcribe the stories submitted by the Contributors, if the story submitted by them is selected for publication;"

BC SY

Hi again! I'll look into this!

Meanwhile, here's a response from Carol:

"Thank you for raising your concern, I think perhaps there are other people having similar concerns. I should have made this part more clearly in my invitation.

Firstly, all contributors still own their copy right, they can publish their own story themselves. However, in order for me to print it, I need to have the copyright. Otherwise, we will risk getting into legal issues with possibly some contributors or their relatives or their heirs or their publishers. That will create unnecessary hassle and affect other people’s contribution.

Most of the books do not make money, especially self-help books. Out of millions of titles, we only see a few that are fabulously successful. Some may break-even; most don’t even recover the cost. That’s why publishers are like venture capitalists, hoping to get 10% titles home run. The other titles are sunk costs.

That’s the reason why self-publishing companies and platforms emerge. They are made for people who really have a wonderful message to share yet no publisher is willing to spend the money going through the editing, setup, design, printing, marketing ….. etc. and hope to see return on their investment.

The Camino spirit is based on unconditional love from both the Divine and from the local good hearted people, and from all the pilgrims. I know many people receive such incredible loving gifts and they love to give back. However, most don’t have the time, the energy, the money, …. Etc. to publish a book. Instead of letting all these magic going to waste, I am offering my service to help good hearted pilgrims to get their messages out to those who haven’t experienced it. To help others getting “unstuck” from their current issues. To help people see the light at the end of the tunnel. And I believe, together, we can create more abundance in everybody’s heart and make this world a better place"

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A Caution...

The moderators call your attention to the fact that @IgorK is a new member that only joined the Forum membership last Wednesday, 27 September.
This thread is his only contribution to the forum.
We have no knowledge of the background of the poster

We suggest that appropriate diligence and research be used before interacting in any meaningful way.
This is not meant as a derogatory comment regarding the OP or the project...just a caution that the forum does not endorse or have knowledge of the endeavor.

Hi IgorK - a few questions.
I'm curious as to what your involvement is in this project?
Why isn't the author Carol Lin directly communicating on the forum regarding this project?
Under Terms For Contributors, it is mentioned the website is owned and operated by Carol Lin and her affiliated companies. What are the affiliated companies?
Thank you.

Hi IgorK - a few questions.
I'm curious as to what your involvement is in this project?
Why isn't the author Carol Lin directly communicating on the forum regarding this project?
Under Terms For Contributors, it is mentioned the website is owned and operated by Carol Lin and her affiliated companies. What are the affiliated companies?
Thank you.

Hi Theatregal and sorry for the slow response!!!

As you know, writing a book is no small task, and is usually a team effort, so the efforts are shared. My role in the whole endeavor is to contact people and help gather testimonies. Carol is leading the project and will communicate directly with the contributors once they decide they are interested, and if they are willing to, they can have a skype interview with her.
As for the affiliated companies, I will ask Carol for a detailed explanation, wouldn't want to miss something out.

Regards!

Igor

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...
This book by Katherine Lack landed on my doormat last week. I ordered it having found her Frontstalag 142, The Internment Diary of an English Lady fascinating, not least because my grandmother and...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.