Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Carrión de los Condes - Albergue capacity

Steve Taylor

Past OR future Camino
June 2019 Sarria to Santiago Sept 2019 Logrono to Burgos Aug 2020 St Jean Pied De Port to Logrono
I’ll be arriving in Carrión de los Condes on 1 Sept and I was wondering what the situation is like regarding capacity at the Albergue Parish de Santa Maria and Albergue Espiritu Santo albergues. Are they usually full up these days? If so, what time should I aim to get there?

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
Past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
I’ll be arriving in Carrión de los Condes on 1 Sept and I was wondering what the situation is like regarding capacity at the Albergue Parish de Santa Maria and Albergue Espiritu Santo albergues. Are they usually full up these days? If so, what time should I aim to get there?

Half capacity at Espiritu Santo and kitchen closed.

HJPZ

Past OR future Camino
September (2018)
I second the Hotel San Zoilo! It was my favourite place to stay on the Camino and I recommend it to anyone that I know who is going!!

Learn Spanish for the Camino
Enhance your Camino experience by learning about the Spanish language and culture.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

geraldkelly

Past OR future Camino
Camino Francés, Vía de la Plata / Camino Sanabrés, Camino del Baztán, Camino Aragonés, Chemin du Puy
I was there yesterday. I stayed at a hotel, Hostal Santiago. Nobody I spoke to mentioned a problem getting a bed and there wasn't that many pilgrims around. From Pamplona to here I haven't had a problem with beds, I usually book on the day.

peregrina2000

Staff member
I was there yesterday. I stayed at a hotel, Hostal Santiago. Nobody I spoke to mentioned a problem getting a bed and there wasn't that many pilgrims around. From Pamplona to here I haven't had a problem with beds, I usually book on the day.
That‘s great news! There must be a wave phenomenon going on, because my friend who is currently around Santo Domingo de la Calzada is having a hard time finding beds and is having to reserve.

geraldkelly

Past OR future Camino
Camino Francés, Vía de la Plata / Camino Sanabrés, Camino del Baztán, Camino Aragonés, Chemin du Puy
It could well be a wave but I've noticed that it was busier before Burgos, I think a lot of people have jumped ahead.

We stayed in Tosantos, there were 8 pilgrims that night. I think everyone is avoiding the places where they can't book.

Slightly strange Camino this year.

Lindor

Past OR future Camino
Starting Camino 02/04/2020
It could well be a wave but I've noticed that it was busier before Burgos, I think a lot of people have jumped ahead.

We stayed in Tosantos, there were 8 pilgrims that night. I think everyone is avoiding the places where they can't book.

Slightly strange Camino this year.
Do you mind explaining what is meant by 'everyone is avoiding the places they can't book'?
Does this mean that all the beds that can be booked online/via telephone are getting booked in advance, and the places where booking is not possible are no-where near full, because everyone that wanted a bed has already booked one?

Thanks for any info you can give, it's great to hear perspective of someone that's currently walking.

I'm starting walking from St Jean on 1st September, and all the reading on this forum has me panicking about no beds available. I currently have beds booked as far as Zubiri, but really want to wing it after that.

I'm sure I've read before that booking.com only have a percentage of their available beds up on their website, and keep a portion back for walk ins?

Hopefully that's the case, and I can get away with not booking too far in advance (I understand from Sarria onwards, that I will most likely have to book).

I hope I get to sleep in a bed every night, but I'm not adverse to buying a bivvi and sleeping out if I have to.

geraldkelly

Past OR future Camino
Do you mind explaining what is meant by 'everyone is avoiding the places they can't book'?
Does this mean that all the beds that can be booked online/via telephone are getting booked in advance, and the places where booking is not possible are no-where near full, because everyone that wanted a bed has already booked one?

Thanks for any info you can give, it's great to hear perspective of someone that's currently walking.

I'm starting walking from St Jean on 1st September, and all the reading on this forum has me panicking about no beds available. I currently have beds booked as far as Zubiri, but really want to wing it after that.

I'm sure I've read before that booking.com only have a percentage of their available beds up on their website, and keep a portion back for walk ins?

Hopefully that's the case, and I can get away with not booking too far in advance (I understand from Sarria onwards, that I will most likely have to book).

I hope I get to sleep in a bed every night, but I'm not adverse to buying a bivvi and sleeping out if I have to.
As I said in an earlier post: From Pamplona to here I haven't had a problem with beds, I usually book on the day.

Don't worry, you'll be fine. Play if by ear as regards booking. Today I didn't book and the Albergue is almost empty.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.

Lindor

Past OR future Camino
Starting Camino 02/04/2020
As I said in an earlier post: From Pamplona to here I haven't had a problem with beds, I usually book on the day.

Don't worry, you'll be fine. Play if by ear as regards booking. Today I didn't book and the Albergue is almost empty.
Thanks Gerald, Buen Camino.
From a fellow Irish person

Mightyjingyi

Past OR future Camino
Hi Steve! Did you manage to stay at Santa Maria? I'm heading there tomorrow and was wondering.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads