• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Carrión de los Condes - Albergue capacity

Steve Taylor

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2019 Sarria to Santiago Sept 2019 Logrono to Burgos Aug 2020 St Jean Pied De Port to Logrono
I’ll be arriving in Carrión de los Condes on 1 Sept and I was wondering what the situation is like regarding capacity at the Albergue Parish de Santa Maria and Albergue Espiritu Santo albergues. Are they usually full up these days? If so, what time should I aim to get there?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Five years ago I made reservations at espritu santo

I’ll be arriving in Carrión de los Condes on 1 Sept and I was wondering what the situation is like regarding capacity at the Albergue Parish de Santa Maria and Albergue Espiritu Santo albergues. Are they usually full up these days? If so, what time should I aim to get there?

Half capacity at Espiritu Santo and kitchen closed.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I second the Hotel San Zoilo! It was my favourite place to stay on the Camino and I recommend it to anyone that I know who is going!!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I was there yesterday. I stayed at a hotel, Hostal Santiago. Nobody I spoke to mentioned a problem getting a bed and there wasn't that many pilgrims around. From Pamplona to here I haven't had a problem with beds, I usually book on the day.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I was there yesterday. I stayed at a hotel, Hostal Santiago. Nobody I spoke to mentioned a problem getting a bed and there wasn't that many pilgrims around. From Pamplona to here I haven't had a problem with beds, I usually book on the day.
That‘s great news! There must be a wave phenomenon going on, because my friend who is currently around Santo Domingo de la Calzada is having a hard time finding beds and is having to reserve.

It could well be a wave but I've noticed that it was busier before Burgos, I think a lot of people have jumped ahead.

We stayed in Tosantos, there were 8 pilgrims that night. I think everyone is avoiding the places where they can't book.

Slightly strange Camino this year.

It could well be a wave but I've noticed that it was busier before Burgos, I think a lot of people have jumped ahead.

We stayed in Tosantos, there were 8 pilgrims that night. I think everyone is avoiding the places where they can't book.

Slightly strange Camino this year.
Do you mind explaining what is meant by 'everyone is avoiding the places they can't book'?
Does this mean that all the beds that can be booked online/via telephone are getting booked in advance, and the places where booking is not possible are no-where near full, because everyone that wanted a bed has already booked one?

Thanks for any info you can give, it's great to hear perspective of someone that's currently walking.

I'm starting walking from St Jean on 1st September, and all the reading on this forum has me panicking about no beds available. I currently have beds booked as far as Zubiri, but really want to wing it after that.

I'm sure I've read before that booking.com only have a percentage of their available beds up on their website, and keep a portion back for walk ins?

Hopefully that's the case, and I can get away with not booking too far in advance (I understand from Sarria onwards, that I will most likely have to book).

I hope I get to sleep in a bed every night, but I'm not adverse to buying a bivvi and sleeping out if I have to.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Do you mind explaining what is meant by 'everyone is avoiding the places they can't book'?
Does this mean that all the beds that can be booked online/via telephone are getting booked in advance, and the places where booking is not possible are no-where near full, because everyone that wanted a bed has already booked one?

Thanks for any info you can give, it's great to hear perspective of someone that's currently walking.

I'm starting walking from St Jean on 1st September, and all the reading on this forum has me panicking about no beds available. I currently have beds booked as far as Zubiri, but really want to wing it after that.

I'm sure I've read before that booking.com only have a percentage of their available beds up on their website, and keep a portion back for walk ins?

Hopefully that's the case, and I can get away with not booking too far in advance (I understand from Sarria onwards, that I will most likely have to book).

I hope I get to sleep in a bed every night, but I'm not adverse to buying a bivvi and sleeping out if I have to.
As I said in an earlier post: From Pamplona to here I haven't had a problem with beds, I usually book on the day.

Don't worry, you'll be fine. Play if by ear as regards booking. Today I didn't book and the Albergue is almost empty.

As I said in an earlier post: From Pamplona to here I haven't had a problem with beds, I usually book on the day.

Don't worry, you'll be fine. Play if by ear as regards booking. Today I didn't book and the Albergue is almost empty.
Thanks Gerald, Buen Camino.
From a fellow Irish person

Hi Steve! Did you manage to stay at Santa Maria? I'm heading there tomorrow and was wondering.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back