• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Carrion to Leon Bus?

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
I've been undecided for a few weeks on walking the CF or the Primitivo. This weather, transport issues (and French rail strikes) and a few other things have all weighed the scales in favour of the CF.

I think I'm pretty much decided on walking from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Carrion de los Condes... and then talking the bus to Leon before walking on to Santiago. I know I could start in Burgos and avoid the bus totally but I remember loving the walk from Santo Domingo and the walk from Carrion not so much? But maybe my memory is playing tricks with me!

Anyway - my plan does depend on the bus service from Carrion. I've checked on Rome2Rio and it would seem that there is only one bus from Carrion... and it leaves at almost mid-day? I know sometimes there are local services that don't show up on Rome2Rio and I wondered (hoped) if this might be the case?

Does anyone have any knowledge of the local routes? Is there just the one mid-day bus?

many thanks in advance :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I've been undecided for a few weeks on walking the CF or the Primitivo. This weather, transport issues (and French rail strikes) and a few other things have all weighed the scales in favour of the CF.

I think I'm pretty much decided on walking from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Carrion de los Condes... and then talking the bus to Leon before walking on to Santiago. I know I could start in Burgos and avoid the bus totally but I remember loving the walk from Santo Domingo and the walk from Carrion not so much? But maybe my memory is playing tricks with me!

Anyway - my plan does depend on the bus service from Carrion. I've checked on Rome2Rio and it would seem that there is only one bus from Carrion... and it leaves at almost mid-day? I know sometimes there are local services that don't show up on Rome2Rio and I wondered (hoped) if this might be the case?

Does anyone have any knowledge of the local routes? Is there just the one mid-day bus?

many thanks in advance :)
It seems that there is indeed just one bus daily and that's the one from Burgos to Leon. You have three trains daily from Fromista (just one day before Carrion) to Leon. Maybe go further day and a half to Sahagun and visit Rebekah on the way? :) Or arrange a ride via Blablacar.

It seems that there is indeed just one bus daily and that's the one from Burgos to Leon. You have three trains daily from Fromista (just one day before Carrion) to Leon. Maybe go further day and a half to Sahagun and visit Rebekah on the way? :) Or arrange a ride via Blablacar.

Ooooh I never considered train?! Thank you!

I did look on BlaBla but there were none from Carrion... but I will look at the other options. Looking back I guess I should have just decided to start in Burgos and then walked without the need for a bus.... I'm still wondering if I should change the plan? I finished in 2015 in Santo Domingo and I just felt like going back there... the problem is there are too many choices.

(and my husband has booked a non-returnable parador in Santo Domingo... but there is a morning bus to Burgos ;) )

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
@KinkyOne ... I had a change of heart and plan! I asked myself why I am making life so complicated... why not just walk from Burgos and not worry about the bus? So that's what I'm going to do! Your post made me think about what I was actually trying to achieve... and I couldn't really find a suitable answer.

So I'll be walking out of Burgos on the 17th April... my weather app says it's going to be sunny :)

I am very happy to see you decided to walk.
Having healthy pilgrims stay with me who arrive in a taxi goes against my grain. (Peaceable does not accept backpacks or luggage from delivery services, for the same reason.)

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.