A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Casa Anita Aanta Croya de Tera

Camino(s) past & future
VDLP April 2018
Tuesday 15 May 2018. Although it appears in many of the guides, IT’S CLOSED! Seems to be so until further notice. The alternative in Santa Marta de Tera 1km onward but only 12 beds in the donativo. You’ll either have to get to this municipal early or give this place a miss. We have already run out of beds and I’m pretty sure there are more arrivals due

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sep/Oct 2015
Camino Primitivo Sep / Oct 2016
Portugese Fatima Santiago Sep/Oct 2017
I hope to walk the Via de la Plate in the Autumn. Is it so busy right now that you have difficulty finding a bed?

Camino(s) past & future
VDLP April 2018
I hope to walk the Via de la Plate in the Autumn. Is it so busy right now that you have difficulty finding a bed?
Hi James, I’ve been walking since 11th April and never had a major problem finding a bed. The particular glitch I’m talking about has been caused by the closing of a 40 bed private Albergue which could supplement the space provided by the 13 bed municipal. Planning is the key as there are other places for overnight. Just be aware of the risk with this one. Buen Camino

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Santiago March 2016
Camino del Norte June 2017
Future - Via de la Plata March 2018
Hi,
I did the Via de la Plata this year from March 27-May 1. If there are no beds in Santa Marta de Terra the hospetalario will arrange for the pilgrims to be taken to another hostel. This is what happened when we were there - the older lady had done 20 caminos and said that this is how it works,when it is not feasible for a pilgrim to continue walking they will be housed somewhere for the night. Busy? Not at all, quite the opposite, I went for days without seeing anyone and had the albergue to myself a couple of nights, which was rather odd!

Camino(s) past & future
Hi James, I’ve been walking since 11th April and never had a major problem finding a bed. The particular glitch I’m talking about has been caused by the closing of a 40 bed private Albergue which could supplement the space provided by the 13 bed municipal. Planning is the key as there are other places for overnight. Just be aware of the risk with this one. Buen Camino
Hi Richard
Many thanks for the response. I will be walking on my own, planning for a late September start (once again!) and it is great to receive an up-to-date response.
James

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Hi,
I did the Via de la Plata this year from March 27-May 1. If there are no beds in Santa Marta de Terra the hospetalario will arrange for the pilgrims to be taken to another hostel. This is what happened when we were there - the older lady had done 20 caminos and said that this is how it works,when it is not feasible for a pilgrim to continue walking they will be housed somewhere for the night. Busy? Not at all, quite the opposite, I went for days without seeing anyone and had the albergue to myself a couple of nights, which was rather odd!
Hi Pauline
Thank you also for your response. I will be setting out on my own and am just a little nervous after the more hectic experience on the Frances and Portugese, and a breathtaking experience on the Primativo. It is reassuring to hear from the VdlP. I am planning 6 weeks from Seville, hoping to take in Muxia after Santiago. Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated
James

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%