• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Casa Anita Aanta Croya de Tera

Richard Maynard

Rocinante
Time of past OR future Camino
VDLP April (2018) Inglés and Fisterra April (2019)
Norte April (2020)
Tuesday 15 May 2018. Although it appears in many of the guides, IT’S CLOSED! Seems to be so until further notice. The alternative in Santa Marta de Tera 1km onward but only 12 beds in the donativo. You’ll either have to get to this municipal early or give this place a miss. We have already run out of beds and I’m pretty sure there are more arrivals due

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I hope to walk the Via de la Plate in the Autumn. Is it so busy right now that you have difficulty finding a bed?

I hope to walk the Via de la Plate in the Autumn. Is it so busy right now that you have difficulty finding a bed?
Hi James, I’ve been walking since 11th April and never had a major problem finding a bed. The particular glitch I’m talking about has been caused by the closing of a 40 bed private Albergue which could supplement the space provided by the 13 bed municipal. Planning is the key as there are other places for overnight. Just be aware of the risk with this one. Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi,
I did the Via de la Plata this year from March 27-May 1. If there are no beds in Santa Marta de Terra the hospetalario will arrange for the pilgrims to be taken to another hostel. This is what happened when we were there - the older lady had done 20 caminos and said that this is how it works,when it is not feasible for a pilgrim to continue walking they will be housed somewhere for the night. Busy? Not at all, quite the opposite, I went for days without seeing anyone and had the albergue to myself a couple of nights, which was rather odd!

Hi James, I’ve been walking since 11th April and never had a major problem finding a bed. The particular glitch I’m talking about has been caused by the closing of a 40 bed private Albergue which could supplement the space provided by the 13 bed municipal. Planning is the key as there are other places for overnight. Just be aware of the risk with this one. Buen Camino
Hi Richard
Many thanks for the response. I will be walking on my own, planning for a late September start (once again!) and it is great to receive an up-to-date response.
James

Hi,
I did the Via de la Plata this year from March 27-May 1. If there are no beds in Santa Marta de Terra the hospetalario will arrange for the pilgrims to be taken to another hostel. This is what happened when we were there - the older lady had done 20 caminos and said that this is how it works,when it is not feasible for a pilgrim to continue walking they will be housed somewhere for the night. Busy? Not at all, quite the opposite, I went for days without seeing anyone and had the albergue to myself a couple of nights, which was rather odd!
Hi Pauline
Thank you also for your response. I will be setting out on my own and am just a little nervous after the more hectic experience on the Frances and Portugese, and a breathtaking experience on the Primativo. It is reassuring to hear from the VdlP. I am planning 6 weeks from Seville, hoping to take in Muxia after Santiago. Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated
James

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back