• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Casa de Fernanda

Kelstar55

Time of past OR future Camino
French way 2015 Portugal 2018
Hi I am trying to call the Casa de Fernanda to make a reservation in April. I just get the number is not in service. Has anyone called lately with a number that works?? Thanks. Happy to be new to the forum

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yes it is. Ahhh. I hope there is an updated number.We really want to stay there. Thanks for your reply

Jacinto ,the husband of Fernanda just answered my whatsapp message. The telephonenumber is correct and works .
You can send her an email (it is the first time they allow me to publish this )
fernandarodrigues1970@hotmail.com.
Hope this helps you and maybe we see you around there. I will be there a couple of days from the 23rd till the 25 th of April.

Bom caminho.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you don't get an answer on your email, please donot hesitate to contact me.
Once or twice a week I am in contact with them.
They have a busy and social life and sometimes have no time to answer messages.
I can reserve for you if I know the date you will be there.
Bom caminho

So the country code is in the number. Do I dial 011 before the 35. ? I am used to calling France with that. So would it be 011-35-1 914-589-521? Ido feel rather dumb right now

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If you don't get an answer on your email, please donot hesitate to contact me.
Once or twice a week I am in contact with them.
They have a busy and social life and sometimes have no time to answer messages.
I can reserve for you if I know the date you will be there.
Bom caminho
Thanks we will be there April 28th.I will let you know if I receive an answer.You are so kind!

So the country code is in the number. Do I dial 011 before the 35. ? I am used to calling France with that. So would it be 011-35-1 914-589-521? Ido feel rather dumb right now

Hi, to phone Casa Fernanda from within Portugal their number is 914 589 521

From outside Portugal, the number is +351 914 589 521
You can replace the “+” sign with “00”
So you can also dial: 00351914589521

Hope that helps.
Jill

Hi, to phone Casa Fernanda from within Portugal their number is 914 589 521

From outside Portugal, the number is +351 914 589 521
You can replace the “+” sign with “00”
So you can also dial: 00351914589521

Hope that helps.
Jill
Thanks!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
What is your name @Kelstar55and where you from ?
I will have contact with Fernanda tonight for myself and will reserve your bed so she can write it in her guestsbook.
Wow thank you, Albertinho.My name is Myra Smih. There are two of us from Canada on April 28.How very kind of you . This forum and all of you guys are amazing!!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Wow thank you, Albertinho.My name is Myra Smih. There are two of us from Canada on April 28.How very kind of you . This forum and all of you guys are amazing!!!!
Myra.your beds are reserved and confirmed but Fernanda asks if you are a couple or friends.
Fernanda has two rooms with a double bed special for couples so please let me know and she reserves a room for you both in her house .If not they have 2 beds in the albergue

Myra.your beds are reserved and confirmed but Fernanda asks if you are a couple or friends.
Fernanda has two rooms with a double bed special for couples so please let me know and she reserves a room for you both in her house .If not they have 2 beds in the albergue
Thank you Thank you...I am so excited!!! We are friends.Albergue is great!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you Thank you...I am so excited!!!
The 2 beds in the albergue are reserved for you.
Please keep in mind that casa da Fernandais is donative.
They suplly you a diner, drinks and breakfast , bed, hot shower and wifi. And a good time.
Casa Fernanda is located in the hamlet Outeira/Vilhadiz between Barcelos(18 kms) and Ponte de Lima (14 kms) Outeira belongs to the village of Vitorino dos Piães.
Fernanda's gardengate is at the waymarked caminho path. 3 kms after the village of Balugães.

Bom caminho

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you Thank you...I am so excited!!! We are friends.Albergue is great!

if it's a nice weather, I recommend this accommodation in the garden

:cool:

430512336_154689.jpg

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks for all the great feedback. Now we are looking at Rubiaes. Any suggestions for private rooms nearby??

I’m reading this thread intently.... I, and some friends, start the Camino Portuguese out of Coimbra May 8. Our first Camino. So any info and tips will be greatly appreciated!!! Keep all the great advice coming!! I do have a question.... do we need to book ahead for the alberques?? Call a few hours ahead when we know where we are going to stop for the day?? Call the day before??
Thank you!! Liz from San Diego

I’m reading this thread intently.... I, and some friends, start the Camino Portuguese out of Coimbra May 8. Our first Camino. So any info and tips will be greatly appreciated!!! Keep all the great advice coming!! I do have a question.... do we need to book ahead for the alberques?? Call a few hours ahead when we know where we are going to stop for the day?? Call the day before??
Thank you!! Liz from San Diego
Most albergues do not accept bookings ahead . Only some privat albergues do.
municipal albergues ,especially in Spain do not accept reservations in advance.
In Portugal you could give it a chance.
From Coimbra you will find privat albergues in Mealhada (O Hilário). Just outside Albergaría a Velha runned by nuns a retrait house. Maybe on the Lisbon-Porto leg there are more but I do'nt know. Sometimes you can sleep at the firestation .anyway I slept once at the Bombeiros Volontários in Tomar but that is before Coimbra. The only privat albergue in Spain I know is in Caldas de Reis, a hotel that have some rooms with bunkbeds. I bet other forummembers who walked more recently than I (last time in 2015) can add some albergues to this post wherefor you can book in advance

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Keep all the great advice coming!! Thank you!! Liz from San Diego
I think Albertinho has given you most answers. When I walked the Portuguese seven years ago, there was NO advance booking allowed. "Advance booking" means you've GOT to get there, even if your feet tell you to stop walking 10 kms before you reach the albergue. If you're traveling in May [a wonderful month to walk] the camino should be slightly less busy. If you check out my web site http://snicholl5.wixsite.com/home-site/santiago you'll see what I did and where I stayed. Or visit this link just for the photos: https://goo.gl/photos/C6YfgbcQrb1kRMPL9 Casa Fernanda is a very special albergue [as my comments will explain].
Whatever you decide .... buen camino!

Last edited:
Thank you Albertinho!
You are welcome !
Remember me one more. How could I forget it !
Once arriving in Redondela, forget the big municipal albergue but walk another 3 kms to the village of Cessantes. Walk untill you have to cross a busy national road. On the corner left is a restaurant. But turn to the right and after about one hndred meters at your right side is just in the bend of the national road o refúxio de la Jérezana. Great place to stay. The owner Maria is a very nice lady. If you give the name in on facebook refúxio de la Jérezana you can see how nice it is.
Bom caminho

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back