• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Casa Del Peregrino in Orito after Alicante

Isca-camigo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Various ones.
I stayed here last night all the guides say groups only, but I checked ahead they have a room with two camas for Peregrinos on the the Lana or Sureste, 15€ per person

Attachments

• IMG_20180321_081359776.jpg
    IMG_20180321_081359776.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20180321_081342312.jpg
    IMG_20180321_081342312.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Would love to hear more about your experiences on the Ruta de Lana, @Isca-camigo, if you're feeling inclined to take the time to share.

Will do in a few days, i have had some difficult moments, I had to take a knife to my left shoe today to cut the bit that was making my foot feel very tender and painful, but also today was the first time on this one I felt I had "vigour'. I am in the Caudette albergue, very nice and friendly, but for some reason they switch off the power at 7pm, I may have seen a post elsewhere about this, possibly BP. Will try to give more balanced notes when I have worked my way into this one.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Will do in a few days, i have had some difficult moments, I had to take a knife to my left shoe today to cut the bit that was making my foot feel very tender and painful, but also today was the first time on this one I felt I had "vigour'. I am in the Caudette albergue, very nice and friendly, but for some reason they switch off the power at 7pm, I may have seen a post elsewhere about this, possibly BP. Will try to give more balanced notes when I have worked my way into this one.
Did you check the main fuse in electric box?

Not even sure where that is+ its an old building with lots of rooms,I not that thrilled at finding outs what's in them at that this time of night ;)

Sending you best wishes for a Buen Camino, @ Isca-camigo

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks intrepid traveller, I will try to do a write up when I finish, which could be soon or hopefully Cuenca. My feet and shoes don't get on and it has turned every day into a trundle fest as I keep urging myself on to ignore the pain. I am in Almansa today at the Convento. One thing I will say IT is that I am using the PDF guide from the Alicante amigos and it is inch ( metre) perfect. The dropboxes from the scan codes are similar but I am guessing older and they give different details for a couple of places so I am ignoring the drop boxes now.
KI I had already had looked for the fuse box in Caudette, but the way it went off at 7pm on the dot and I remembered a message from someone saying an Albergue had switched off their power made me think it was that one. The fuse box was next to the entrance:) and when I checked it wasn't it.

Hi Isca-C,

Nice to see you on the way. But I don't remember about switching off the power in Caudete in the evening... And I was there last year. They had a large fridge, running all night long... Do you mean they switch off the power completely??

/BP

The power just went out at 7 on the dot, I had just finished having a shower, the emergency exit signs came on so I could see my way around. I went out for a meal at 8 and when I arrived back at 10 they were no longer on as well.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I stayed here last night all the guides say groups only, but I checked ahead they have a room with two camas for Peregrinos on the the Lana or Sureste, 15€ per person

I'm hoping to be accompanied by two camigas next year, so three of us will be needing accommodation. Do you think we won't be able to use the albergue in Orito?

I was the only person in the whole building and it was quite big, several floors with multiple rooms. My room, the camino de santiago peregrino room had two single beds and I think a mobile fold up bed. They have big pilgrim groups stay at certain times of the year who walk to a nearby hermita, you should be OK for a bed.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The power just went out at 7 on the dot, I had just finished having a shower, the emergency exit signs came on so I could see my way around. I went out for a meal at 8 and when I arrived back at 10 they were no longer on as well.

Could LTfit have solved the mystery...? According to her, "Just be careful as the fuse will flip=no electricity if too much on at the same time"!

I was there yesterday, and they do have a fridge filled with stuff... It wouldn't be practical to have a fridge that stops running every evening :)... !

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back