• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Casa Fernanda

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Obrigado - delighted to know you both made it safely there.
Greetings and Blessings from rain-drop-sparkling-East-Bay-hills in california!
Buon Natale!
jacinto's sweater is a hoot - oh my :)

Que Dios te Bendiga en el Ano Nuevo
For you English onlys..
May God Bless you and in the New year!
All of you!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you Fernanda, Jacinto and Mariana and a merry Christmas to you.
I hope to stay at your wonderful Casa again. Your house is such a joy and it is a wonderful place to rest.
All the best to you in 2016.

Mama Frenada, I'm the pilgrim that gave you the bottle of Mexican Green sauce last year. I will always remember my stay at Casa Fernanda. Feliz Natal e feliz ano novo. Bom Caminho

Feliz Viagem

Bom
Obrigado - delighted to know you both made it safely there.
Greetings and Blessings from rain-drop-sparkling-East-Bay-hills in california!
Buon Natale!
jacinto's sweater is a hoot - oh my :)
Natal Claudia e feliz ano novo on behalf of a familia Rodrigues and of course of Nel and me.
Abraço

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Merry Christmas and a peaceful new year.

I hope you are as merry as the wonderful party we enjoyed !

casa Fernanda wish you all merry Christmas and happy new year !

A casa da Fernanda deseamos-lhes bom Natal e feliz ano novo

Bom caminho

Fernanda, Jacinto and Mariana

View attachment 22972

Bom caminho

View attachment 22972
Thank you for a most enjoyable stay in your fabulous Albergue.
Nollaig Shona Duit. Tom

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Happy Christmas to all at Casa Fernanda from a dull and rainy south-west England. Fond memories of my time at CF in 2014.

Eu também desejo; um Bom Natal e um Bom 2016 ( com muita saúde )

Eu estive aĂ­ em Novembro de 2013
E a minha irmĂŁ em Setembro de 2015

Espero que os cachorrinhos já tenha encontrado, donos.

Cumprimentos

JoĂŁo

T

Bom caminho

View attachment 22972
Thank you very much and hope you had a lovely holiday too. I will be walking the Camino Portugues in June with my friend Anna. Can we stay with you on 6th June? We will be walking from Barcelos that day. Kind regards Gitti

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
T

Thank you very much and hope you had a lovely holiday too. I will be walking the Camino Portugues in June with my friend Anna. Can we stay with you on 6th June? We will be walking from Barcelos that day. Kind regards Gitti

We wrote it down on the agenda. Be welcome. See you then .

Regards from casa da Fernanda

Last edited:
Bon Natal from Anna & Adrian from Costa Rica! Do you still have the hen that Iris gave you??

I shall never, ever forget this - my first albergue. What a wonderful and kind welcome. How is Tomas?
I think he will have grown by now!!!
P1090164.JPG

He was the youngest hospitaleiro I met!
God bless you all - and have a great 2016!
Stephen
xxx

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I shall never, ever forget this - my first albergue. What a wonderful and kind welcome. How is Tomas?
I think he will have grown by now!!!
View attachment 22987

He was the youngest hospitaleiro I met!
God bless you all - and have a great 2016!
Stephen
xxx
Greetings from Fernanda and us of course :)
Tomas is doing well. We were at their house last night and had an aguardente :p

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

€46,-
Have a lovely holiday and a happy new year!
The albergue was full when I passed after coming from SĂŁo Pedro de Rates but I got new cold water and some fruit before I left and I made it to Ponte de Lima. Thank you for your kindness Fernanda!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you, Fernanda. We stayed with you in June and Mike (from Australia) helped you cook the barbecue. I wish you a beautiful 2016. Jacki. XXX

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
image.jpeg
Today Fernanda was interviewed by the Czech television about how Casa Fernanda started and how she opens her house for the pilgrims since then .
Very special.

Wow! Czech television on the camino! SY
Yes ! A Czech lady who walks the caminho herself now -it is pouring with rain by the way here in north Portugal - and speaks fluently Spanish so the interview was in the Spanish language with Fernanda.

Almost every day arrive peregrinos here .
Since Christmas we met another Czech lady, walking back to Porto, some Germans and yesterday two Brasilian ladies.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello Fernanda
I have read so many wonderful things about you. We are 2 ladies from Canada, we would like to stays with on Sept 22. Do you have an email address
Marilyn and Sandy

Hello Fernanda
I have read so many wonderful things about you. We are 2 ladies from Canada, we would like to stays with on Sept 22. Do you have an email address
Marilyn and Sandy

My wife and I are close friends of Fernanda and her husband.

Please give Fernanda a call one ore two days before to make a reservation.
Fernanda has no time to read and follow up emails.
Her phonenumber is +351 914 589 521

Bom caminho

Last edited:
Wow! Czech television on the camino! SY
The Czech lady is now editing the video material and adds my Gopro camera shots I made at the other side of the room :)
She promished me to send a link to the film when it will be ready.
Maybe I can publish the link here on the forum. The interview was in
Spanish /Portuguese

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.