A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Casa Fernanda

Camino(s) past & future
April (2015) SJPdP to SdC; Porto to SdC April (2016)
Friends, who I met walking the CP in 2016, have sent me photographs from Casa Fernanda where we all had such a wonderful time back then. They are walking the CP again and stayed with Fernanda last night, in their email they said that there had been a gas explosion in Fernanda's kitchen (I don't know when) and that it had caused her a wrist broken and one of her dogs had its leg broken. It seems all is well again judging by the photos they attached of Fernanda preparing food and smiling as usual.

Mike Savage

So many friends to meet . . . so little time
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés,Inglés
Muxia/Finisterre
Português Coastal
Português Central
Sanabrés
Thanks for the news. It too bad this happened but it is also good to hear that they are well and that she is still smiling.

Camino(s) past & future
Cycling Lisbon to Santiago - Oct/Nov 2015
2019? - TBD, I have 2-3 weeks and don't really like crowds
So sad, I remember Fernanda and her place so well. What wonderful people. Happy to hear no one was seriously injured.

Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 to 2018
Don't forget to book at Casa Fernanada early. She has become quite the star of, and a popular stop on the Camino Portuguese after Porto.

I would not miss it. Even if I am not planning to stay with her, I always stop in for coffee and home baked bread....yummmy!

Fernanda is a Camino Angel!

Camino(s) past & future
April (2015) SJPdP to SdC; Porto to SdC April (2016)
Don't forget to book at Casa Fernanada early. She has become quite the star of, and a popular stop on the Camino Portuguese after Porto.

I would not miss it. Even if I am not planning to stay with her, I always stop in for coffee and home baked bread....yummmy!

Fernanda is a Camino Angel!
And it is her birthday on October 31st :D

Camino(s) past & future
West Highland Way (2014)
Via Francigena 2015
Offa's Dyke Path 2016
Portugues fall 2018
My sister and I stayed at Casa of Fernanda, Jacinto, and Mariana last Tuesday (16 Oct). Fernanda’s wrist was in a cast but it didn’t appear to affect her bountiful energy or spirit. A Camino angel in multiple forms, who passes it down the way. My own small story was that in the morning I left my documents (credential and passport) sitting on a table in her outdoor living room. A mile or two later I realized my mistake and started back. The first couple I met were carrying them and made me jump for joy; they were angels for me that day. I will welcome the chance to pay it forward!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 108 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.4%