• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Casa Fernanda

• Thread starter Deleted member 36903
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 36903

Friends, who I met walking the CP in 2016, have sent me photographs from Casa Fernanda where we all had such a wonderful time back then. They are walking the CP again and stayed with Fernanda last night, in their email they said that there had been a gas explosion in Fernanda's kitchen (I don't know when) and that it had caused her a wrist broken and one of her dogs had its leg broken. It seems all is well again judging by the photos they attached of Fernanda preparing food and smiling as usual.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for the news. It too bad this happened but it is also good to hear that they are well and that she is still smiling.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
So sad, I remember Fernanda and her place so well. What wonderful people. Happy to hear no one was seriously injured.

Thanks for the news. I stayed at Fernandas place a few months ago. Glad to hear that she is ok.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Don't forget to book at Casa Fernanada early. She has become quite the star of, and a popular stop on the Camino Portuguese after Porto.

I would not miss it. Even if I am not planning to stay with her, I always stop in for coffee and home baked bread....yummmy!

Fernanda is a Camino Angel!

Don't forget to book at Casa Fernanada early. She has become quite the star of, and a popular stop on the Camino Portuguese after Porto.

I would not miss it. Even if I am not planning to stay with her, I always stop in for coffee and home baked bread....yummmy!

Fernanda is a Camino Angel!

And it is her birthday on October 31st :D

My sister and I stayed at Casa of Fernanda, Jacinto, and Mariana last Tuesday (16 Oct). Fernanda’s wrist was in a cast but it didn’t appear to affect her bountiful energy or spirit. A Camino angel in multiple forms, who passes it down the way. My own small story was that in the morning I left my documents (credential and passport) sitting on a table in her outdoor living room. A mile or two later I realized my mistake and started back. The first couple I met were carrying them and made me jump for joy; they were angels for me that day. I will welcome the chance to pay it forward!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I stayed there on my birthday in early October, after the explosion. As people said, everyone is coping well and spirits are good. She has some help with the cooking. The cooking and eating were done outside when I was there.

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back