• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Casa Ivar, Correos and the shipped luggage Pilgrim Rate.

Mr_Ross_Duncan

Via Gebennensis, Portuguese, Via Francigena, GR65,
Time of past OR future Camino
Via Gebennensis, Portuguese, Via Francigena, GR65,
Having decided to peel off the Camino Frances at Ponferrada and continue our Camino along the Invierno Santiago this year, I'd like to get a pack sent forward from either Ponferrada or the town before, Astorga, to store at Casa Ivar awaiting our arrival in October.
The day difference will depend on when we arrive at either of those towns, it will be a Friday or Saturday according to our plans and Correos offices seem to be closed on Saturdays.
On CasaIvar.com there is advice to use Correos but not to use the Correos Paq Peregrino rate.
It seems if you use this service, they will only deliver to the Santiago post office and Casa Ivar will not know it is there.
There is, however, no advice on what to use instead of the Paq Peregrino.
If any of the Ivar community (Ivarpedia!) can suggest something that would be great.
Thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Instructions here.

Hi, did you just turn up at a Correos outlet and arrange transport on the spot with them?
I'd feel more confident if I could book something online in advance if possible, we're likely to arrive into Astorga late on a Friday and would like to eliminate the potential drama of suddenly having an unwanted bag along for the trip along the Camino Invierno.
I've copied the Ivar instructions below regarding Correos rates.

Please note: If you ship with Correos in Spain (I recommend this). Please do not ship it with the more economical Pilgrim Rate (PAQ Peregrino). This is cheaper, but it does not include delivery to any address at destination. So I will never receive it. It will stuck at the post office in Santiago (they don’t even tell me that I have something waiting, no notice).
We just sent things the regular Correos rate to Ivar's address.

No, just go to the post office and ship it. That's how you do it. Looks like they close in Astorga at 2:30. You can work it out. Sounds like you will have time to think it through before then. Maybe don't ship it to Casa Ivar? Ship to Santiago and pick up at the Correos?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Having decided to peel off the Camino Frances at Ponferrada and continue our Camino along the Invierno Santiago this year, I'd like to get a pack sent forward from either Ponferrada or the town before, Astorga, to store at Casa Ivar awaiting our arrival in October.
The day difference will depend on when we arrive at either of those towns, it will be a Friday or Saturday according to our plans and Correos offices seem to be closed on Saturdays.
On CasaIvar.com there is advice to use Correos but not to use the Correos Paq Peregrino rate.
It seems if you use this service, they will only deliver to the Santiago post office and Casa Ivar will not know it is there.
If any of the Ivar community (Ivarpedia!) can suggest something that would be great.
Thanks
Hi there,

Any other rate is fine... they have different rates with tracking, without tracking, slower shipping time, and faster shipping times (I don't remember the names of these various rates). Anything but the PAQ Peregrino (if you want to ship to me). PAQ Peregrino is if you want to pick it up at the post office in Santiago.

Buen Camino!
Ivar

Hi there,

Any other rate is fine... they have different rates with tracking, without tracking, slower shipping time, and faster shipping times (I don't remember the names of these various rates). Anything but the PAQ Peregrino (if you want to ship to me). PAQ Peregrino is if you want to pick it up at the post office in Santiago.

Buen Camino!
Ivar
Thanks Ivar, much appreciated.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks
I have signed with https://caminofacil.net/en/ for our walk in June. I hope they can help you.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.