• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Casa Julia

Terasanta runner

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino ingles 9/2018
Holla and Buen Camino,
Tomorow i planning to meet my wife on villacoba in Casa Julia.
I just Heard that the camino is no longer pass the restaurant.

Please your kindly help with restaurants arround villacoba close to the rout.
.thank you,

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It is true the camino doesn't go by Casa Julia any longer, but it is still possible to go there if one wanted to follow the old route. It's not far from Museo Meson do Xente no Camino, a restaurant located right on the camino in Presedo just 450 meters from the albergue.

We are looking for a decent place to stay...near presedo before the hill up to Hospital de Bruma? Any lodgings nearby...if so where and how far away from Presedo. Thanks

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The ascent to Bruma from Presedo is much more gentle now since it’s been re-routed. But to break up the walk from Betanzos to Bruma, here are some places (aside from the Albergue in Presedo):

The distances are by car using Google Maps with Meson Museo Xente no Camiño as the pick up point:

Abegondo - NW 7.3 km (9 min)
Casa Manolo - a friendly family run restaurant with great food and nice rooms upstairs. (Note: this place is actually closest to the church at Cos - less than 5km)

Oza do RĂ­os - There are a couple of options to the east:
Rectoral de Cines is closest - 7.1 km (9 min)
Casa Rural Oza dos RĂ­os - 14 km (17 min)

Betanzos - NE 12 km (17 min)
Prearrange a taxi to pick you up at Meson Museo Xente no Camiño to take you back to Betanzos and stay at the same hotel for 2 nights.

Meson do Vento - SW 16 km (17 min)
Call a taxi to take you to one of the places in Meson do Vento or see if PensiĂłn O Meson Novo still offers a complimentary pickup/drop off with a 2 night stay.

Last edited:
The ascent to Bruma from Presedo is much more gentle now since it’s been re-routed. But to break up the walk from Betanzos to Bruma, here are some places (aside from the Albergue in Presedo):

The distances are by car using Google Maps with Meson Museo Xente no Camiño as the pick up point:

Abegondo - NW 7.3 km (9 min)
Casa Manolo - a friendly family run restaurant with great food and nice rooms upstairs. (Note: this place is actually closest to the church at Cos - less than 5km)

Oza do RĂ­os - There are a couple of options to the east:
Rectoral de Cines is closest - 7.1 km (9 min)
Casa Rural Oza dos RĂ­os - 14 km (17 min)

Betanzos - NE 12 km (17 min)
Prearrange a taxi to pick you up at Meson Museo Xente no Camiño to take you back to Betanzos and stay at the same hotel for 2 nights.

Meson do Vento - SW 16 km (17 min)
Call a taxi to take you to one of the places in Meson do Vento or see if PensiĂłn O Meson Novo still offers a complimentary pickup/drop off with a 2 night stay.

Thank you, Mlov for these options. They are valuable options!

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back