• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Casa licerio Samos

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

MickMac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Tried to reply to davebugg but thread was closed this was the reply from Casa Licerio Samos I received on canceling for stay in June.

"Thank you so very much Michael, for your really kind words! I really appreciate your good wishes and I do also look forward for you and your brother staying at our place. This coronavirus is causing us with a small business a lot of trouble, but I have faith in God and humanity so I hope this will soon be over and we will continue offering our guests our best welcoming and warmth.
Best regards, Cecilia"
What a great response best of luck see you next year, God willing.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I must say, it is heartbreaking when messages like this are received.

I too cancelled my booking at Casa Liceiro and received a response. I kind of wish I had left it and considered it a donation, but with 40+ bookings, that would have been a lot. I will definitely try to stay there for 2 nights (I'll schedule a rest day there) next year. This was the response...

Dear XXX,

Here at Casa Licerio we understand that COVID-19 is a cause of great concern for all of us and therefore we confirm the cancellation of your reservation for Saturday, August 15, 2020.

We would also like to offer you the possibility to reschedule your booking without a fee as we are already are open for bookings 2021. We look forward to hosting you next time you plan your Camino!

Stay safe, best regards
Cecilia

I must say, it is heartbreaking when messages like this are received.

I too cancelled my booking at Casa Liceiro and received a response. I kind of wish I had left it and considered it a donation, but with 40+ bookings, that would have been a lot. I will definitely try to stay there for 2 nights (I'll schedule a rest day there) next year. This was the response...

Dear XXX,

Here at Casa Licerio we understand that COVID-19 is a cause of great concern for all of us and therefore we confirm the cancellation of your reservation for Saturday, August 15, 2020.

We would also like to offer you the possibility to reschedule your booking without a fee as we are already are open for bookings 2021. We look forward to hosting you next time you plan your Camino!

Stay safe, best regards
Cecilia

New response :

Hi Michael!

Thank you so very much, that was really nice of you! And yes, we are all well so far, thank God, trying to follow recommendations as much as possible. Hope you and your loved ones are healthy too! 😀 I'm still in Sweden, my home country, after coming to spend the winter here.

Right now I'm thinking it's not possible for me to open Casa Licerio this year. At the time being I have read so much contradictory and incomplete information on procedures applied by Spain as opening up. I mean, the fact that authorities will take away the 2 weeks of quarantine for European travelers from July 1st does not necessarily imply that they - or any other other foreigners - can travel freely to and within Spain from July 1st. I'm really confused about the freedom of travel and I know that many feel the same. From what people are posting on bloggs, on FB and other media, I fear the majority of my guests will wait before coming back to the Camino and are choosing to come in 2021 instead.

On the other hand, there is the issue of sanitary regulations, and those are one of the most important reasons why I will wait until next year to reopen for reservations. Not only would I have to use specific expensive cleansers and disinfectants, but also time-consuming sanitation routines, and I doubt I can afford either. Then there is the bigger issue of limiting the maximum occupancy to 50% of the house's capacity, which is still in force. Having only 4 rooms in total to rent out, I do not think it is feasible nor profitable to open 2020 for just 2 rooms a day, and that is if I get full occupancy !

I am really really sorry for this, and I truly hope we all are able to return to Spain and the Camino as soon as possible. For me and Casa Licerio that means March 1st 2021.

Wishing you all the best, hoping to see you soon and sending my best wishes of health and well-being to you all!

Best regards,

Maria Cecilia Widell-Bauder
Casa Licerio

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back