A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Casa Magica - new management

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
I received an email this morning from a friend and a good friend of the Camino, Malvina Kupinski, announcing that she has purchased Casa Magica in Villatuerta and will be open for business 1 May. This has always been one of the great stops along the Frances I am sure she will carry on its tradition of a wonderful place to chill and join in on a great communal meal.
I met her several years ago at Peaceable Kingdom when she was searching for an albergue to purchase, it has taken some time but she has found the perfect place.

Davie Blisters

Camino(s) past & future
It is eternity now, it always has been and it always will be. We are in the midst of it.
Casa Magica one of my favourites in 2016. Many good memories of the atmosphere created during the evening meal. So glad it has not been allowed to disband. If I ever walk the Frances again it'll be on my hit list.

Lucyk

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Primitivo 2015
That's great to hear. I just recommended Casa Mágica to a friend who is currently on the Camino.
When I passed through Villatuerta on April 2, it was closed. I guess this sale explains why.

Niels

camino mi privio
Camino(s) past & future
Ca. del Norte and Ca. Primotivo in 2016 + Santiago to Muxia; Ca. Frances and Ruta Dragonte in 2018.
It was on sale last summer, when my kids and I stayed there. Aparantly, it was hard to sell due to some difficult loans. So surprised to learn the lack of pilgrims present then. I think, we weren't more than 8 or 10. But still we had a great service with a memorable paella served. Magnificent place. Hope, Casa Magica will maintain its former magic.

LTfit

Veteran Member
Malvina is quite capable of carrying on the tradition.
I hope so because I heard unpleasant comments about there temporarily running it, that the atmosphere had changed.

Glad that Miguel finally found someone to buy it as it has been on the market for years. Back in 2016 I was there for two weeks helping out an was interested in organizing an agreement but the price at that time was above my budget. Good luck to the new owner!

Thomas1962

Camino(s) past & future
2010: Porto - SdC - Finisterra 2011: E4 on Crete 2012: Le Puy - SJPdP 2013: Camino Madrid -> Del Salvador -> Primitivo 2014: European Peace Walk. 2015: Amsterdam - SdC & Barcelona -Burgos. 2016:Norte & hospitalero
;)
Casa Magica is indeed a great place. I met Malvina a few years ago while coincidently we were both looking for an albergue. By now, we both found beautiful places. I'm happy she now will be in Villatuerta, looks like a perfect match! Sure it will be wonderful to stay with Malvina and her husband in Casa Magica.
(ps: if you stayed there last year, quickly forget that experience. Seems like last years temporarily hospitalero's were 'in a learning proces')

Camino(s) past & future
Spring 2016: Camino Frances, Finisterre and Muxia
April 2019: Frances, Salvador, Primitivo
I tried to stay there tonight. Instead came the extra distance to Estella. So glad to hear this, I loved staying there on my last Camino. But the Hostal Agora (which also has peregrino rooms), is outstanding.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
;)
Casa Magica is indeed a great place. I met Malvina a few years ago while coincidently we were both looking for an albergue. By now, we both found beautiful places. I'm happy she now will be in Villatuerta, looks like a perfect match! Sure it will be wonderful to stay with Malvina and her husband in Casa Magica.
(ps: if you stayed there last year, quickly forget that experience. Seems like last years temporarily hospitalero's were 'in a learning proces')
And where did you find yours, Thomas?

Thomas1962

Camino(s) past & future
2010: Porto - SdC - Finisterra 2011: E4 on Crete 2012: Le Puy - SJPdP 2013: Camino Madrid -> Del Salvador -> Primitivo 2014: European Peace Walk. 2015: Amsterdam - SdC & Barcelona -Burgos. 2016:Norte & hospitalero
We found the perfect place for us in albergue Ponte Ferreira on the camino Primitivo, 27 kms after Lugo. Welcome! :)

annakappa

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Part frances jun 07/rest frances may- jun 2008/Frances sept-oct 2009/ Sanabres Oct 2010/Frances sept-oct 2011/Aragones Sept-Oct 2012. Hospitalero Sept 2010, Amiga in Pilgrim's Office Oct 2013. Part Primitivo Oct 2013. Portugues from Porto June 2015.
Casa Magica was always on our 'top 5'. We stayed there several times many years ago. From there we walked the alternate route via Lubian. The last time we were there, Miguel was looking for a buyer.

Aysen Mustafa

Camino(s) past & future
I plan on walking the Camino April 2018.
;)
I stayed there last year and it was very popular, I got one of the last places. The paella was magnificient. Unfortunately the ambience was ruined for me by a group of people who treated the place like a backpackers.

Airdog

Camino(s) past & future
September (2019) Camino Frances
Do you have any contact info for Casa Magica? A phone or email?
Doing CF this September (first time) and would like to add it to my list.

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 142 14.9%
  • May

Votes: 236 24.8%