• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Casa Magica - new management

naplesdon

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Multiple Caminos 2010 to 2019
I received an email this morning from a friend and a good friend of the Camino, Malvina Kupinski, announcing that she has purchased Casa Magica in Villatuerta and will be open for business 1 May. This has always been one of the great stops along the Frances I am sure she will carry on its tradition of a wonderful place to chill and join in on a great communal meal.
I met her several years ago at Peaceable Kingdom when she was searching for an albergue to purchase, it has taken some time but she has found the perfect place.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It was on sale last summer, when my kids and I stayed there. Aparantly, it was hard to sell due to some difficult loans. So surprised to learn the lack of pilgrims present then. I think, we weren't more than 8 or 10. But still we had a great service with a memorable paella served. Magnificent place. Hope, Casa Magica will maintain its former magic.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Malvina is quite capable of carrying on the tradition.

I hope so because I heard unpleasant comments about there temporarily running it, that the atmosphere had changed.

Glad that Miguel finally found someone to buy it as it has been on the market for years. Back in 2016 I was there for two weeks helping out an was interested in organizing an agreement but the price at that time was above my budget. Good luck to the new owner!

;)
Casa Magica is indeed a great place. I met Malvina a few years ago while coincidently we were both looking for an albergue. By now, we both found beautiful places. I'm happy she now will be in Villatuerta, looks like a perfect match! Sure it will be wonderful to stay with Malvina and her husband in Casa Magica.
(ps: if you stayed there last year, quickly forget that experience. Seems like last years temporarily hospitalero's were 'in a learning proces')

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I tried to stay there tonight. Instead came the extra distance to Estella. So glad to hear this, I loved staying there on my last Camino. But the Hostal Agora (which also has peregrino rooms), is outstanding.

;)
Casa Magica is indeed a great place. I met Malvina a few years ago while coincidently we were both looking for an albergue. By now, we both found beautiful places. I'm happy she now will be in Villatuerta, looks like a perfect match! Sure it will be wonderful to stay with Malvina and her husband in Casa Magica.
(ps: if you stayed there last year, quickly forget that experience. Seems like last years temporarily hospitalero's were 'in a learning proces')
And where did you find yours, Thomas?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Casa Magica was always on our 'top 5'. We stayed there several times many years ago. From there we walked the alternate route via Lubian. The last time we were there, Miguel was looking for a buyer.

;)
I stayed there last year and it was very popular, I got one of the last places. The paella was magnificient. Unfortunately the ambience was ruined for me by a group of people who treated the place like a backpackers.

€60,-
Do you have any contact info for Casa Magica? A phone or email?
Doing CF this September (first time) and would like to add it to my list.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I stayed there on Monday just gone. Their email wasn't working and at the time the new owners didn't have access to the website. I had a great stay and the paella is still being made. Highly recommended.

Malvina at Casa Magica sent me a number: 34.948.732.313. They are on Booking.com.
Thanks so much for this information. I passed it on to a fellow peregrina today who has been trying to reserve a Casa Mágica. She was able to call and make a reservation.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am sitting in the lovely entrance hall. Malvina and Richard very nice, and I am looking forward to the meal this evening. It is fierce hot, as folk are wont to say round where I live. I should manage tomorrow‘s short day plan, but am considering a change for Thursday as I hear it will be hotter, and I had planned a longer day. As I am counting these as training days, getting a bus is fine with me. That being said, it is nice to walk these steps again (did this in 2006) although then we kept to traditional stages for stopping...

It depends what you want, but I have been very happily quiet here today, and shared table with three other pilgrims - another pilgrim has health issues that mean she has to find her own food. So, from me: positive recommendation. Special salad dressing, wonderful Polish beetroot soup, Paella, and the lightest home made sweet cake... now to sleep it off!

I had a lovely stay there a couple of weeks ago.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am happy Casa Magica is open and the rooms without bunk beds are the best.
However, be aware they no longer serve paella. I stayed there last week and had raved about the paella to several people. I was embarrassed to be told that you can get paella any where so they don't serve it. The food is now vegan and delicious but not the fantastic presentation of the wonderful previous owner.

However, be aware they no longer serve paella. I stayed there last week and had raved about the paella to several people. I was embarrassed to be told that you can get paella any where so they don't serve it. The food is now vegan and delicious but not the fantastic presentation of the wonderful previous owner.
It's a shame... The paella was really good. Even though you could get it everywhere, as it's not originated from the regions where CF goes through, it's normally quite average... But you can't expect previous owners to run cooking classes for new ones, I guess...
Casa Magica used to be vegan friendly before and now becoming solely vegan? I feel a bit discriminated ;)
Anyway, all the best to new owners.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
However, be aware they no longer serve paella. I stayed there last week and had raved about the paella to several people.

I'll be there in about three weeks. I can forego the paella but please tell me they still have the hammocks! 😉

I'll be there in about three weeks. I can forego the paella but please tell me they still have the hammocks! 😉
Yes, the hammocks are still there and people were napping. They still also have massage for 15 Euros for 1/2 hour which is a better price than the previous price.

I stayed at Casa Magica early September and it was very good. Only 4 beds in the room I was in. Maybe a fifth was there but empty.
a few people got into the pool to cool off. It was a hot day. My washing dried and I slept ok. What more can you ask? ;)

Andrew

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back