• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Casa Peña Aguda in Cercedilla

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I am looking into shortening the day from Cercedilla to Valsain as much as possible, considering the weather. I found this lodging called Casa Peña, and I see it on the map, but I'm not good enough at these maps to know whether or not it would be a beneficial stop.

Has anyone stayed here or is anyone willing to look at Google maps and tell me if this place is on the route? It appears to be and appears that if I stay at Hostal Aribel, I'm doing a loop, whereas if I stay at Casa Peña, I'm saving some steps.

The address of the place is Glorieta Campoamor, 6, 28470 Cercedilla, Spain

Thoughts?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Is there any reason to go to Cercedilla at all?
Could a person just walk from Navacerrada?
Am I looking at the wrong trail?
Do we walk on CL601??

Do we walk on CL601??

No, you don't. The CL601 is a paved road that crosses Navacerrada Pass (not to be confused with Navacerrada town). The camino crosses a non-paved pass: Fuenfría Pass (aka Puerto de la Fuenfría).

The casa you quote on your post would make a longer stage to Valsaín than the Hostal that you quote. If you want to shortern your stage to Valsaín, you could consider www.hotelruralcasacirilo.es ...if your budget is big enough for it. That would save something between 3 and 4 kms that day.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
The casa you quote on your post would make a longer stage to Valsaín than the Hostal that you quote. If you want to shortern your stage to Valsaín, you could consider www.hotelruralcasacirilo.es ...if your budget is big enough for it. That would save something between 3 and 4 kms that day.

I like that we could bypass the village. We will be sharing a room so will take a look at it. Or we can just have a taxi drop us off closer to the entrance of the park next morning. I've walked this section before, but I don't understand these maps very well. I didn't realize the CL601 was a paved road.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.