• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

COVID Cash or Card? Answered Thanks.

George Vancouver

Time of past OR future Camino
To those currently on the Camino, is everything still pretty much cash-based or have merchants and albergues switched to non-cash transactions because of Covid?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I plan on taking cash/euros and credit cards. If I need more cash I’ll go to an ATM. I’ve booked some pensions/hostels already with my CC.

To those currently on the Camino, is everything still pretty much cash-based or have merchants and albergues switched to non-cash transactions because of Covid?
I am on Norte ....very hard to exchange dollars..most banks now say you must have an acct or thyeveont have a caja. I wind up pulling cash off my debit or credit card (watch cash advance fee). I use credit card for all purchases in stores, restaurants, and even most albergues. Very few require cash but you must always have some euro

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Back