• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Castro Dozon closed

Hugh McMullan

With the municipal albergue at Castro Dozon now closed can anyone help me plan to move from Cea. If I go to Oseira it is only 8 kilometers but to go to Alaxe it becomes 33kilometers from Cea. Does anybody have ideas on accommodation after Cea?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I went from Ourense to Oseria then to A Laxe. Two fairly long days of 32 and 30 kilometres, but doable. If you are already in Cea then I reckon your only option is from there to A Laxe, a 34 k day but slightly shorter than the route through Oseria if you are not stopping there.

Or you could do the short day to Oseira and spend the day looking round the monastery - take up sketching for the day if you don't already and draw it from every angle! It's a lovely place.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
According to Gronze it is still open. There are reviews from the comments section from last month. Maybe it has closed since than I do not know. If it is I would take the 34B stage that is shown in gronze and carry on to the hostel in Botas as @Kiwi-family suggested.

I stayed at Ourense, Cea, Oseira, Estacion de Lalin, Sallida and tonight I am staying at Ponte Ulla and will walk into SDC tomorrow. I wasn't going to attempt 30 km stages. Even some I did were pretty demanding when the total ascent and descent is considered.

Edit: Botos and Estacion de Lalin are the same location so far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
We just completed the following out of Ourense. The only comment is the albergue in Outeiro is not close to any bar/cafe and the kitchen is not yet equipped with kitchenware.

Estación de Lalín and Botus (Gronze) are the same.

Oseira Monastery31.0
Estación de Lalín22.8
Bandeira22.1
Outeiro 17.1
Santiago de Compostela17.1

The only comment is the albergue in Outeiro is not close to any bar/cafe and the kitchen is not yet equipped with kitchenware.
It is unlikely that kitchenware will be provided in the near future. A policy decision by the Xunta not to supply any in their albergues although a few places do have some limited equipment.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
With the municipal albergue at Castro Dozon now closed can anyone help me plan to move from Cea. If I go to Oseira it is only 8 kilometers but to go to Alaxe it becomes 33kilometers from Cea. Does anybody have ideas on accommodation after Cea?
I just came through there early this month. The Albergue is closed but the guy that runs the bar is also the taxi driver. He took us to Taberna do Vento in Botos. You can then taxi back to cover those missed K’s. Last year he took a friend of mine from there to Silleda.

it has been closed since the covid pandemic. I passed in February and it was still closed Try to do Ourense - Cea - Lalin (a Laxe) - Outeiro - Santigo.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back