• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

catching connecting flight to biarritz

Kathy Laskowski

Time of past OR future Camino
(2015)
Wondering if I allowed enough time to catch my easyjet flight from Paris (CDG) arriving at 9:30am and easyjet leaving at 10:55am. All I have is a carryon pack. Thanks for answers

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Doubt it very much. Customs clearance, etc, and CDG is not an easy airport to navigate. Plus if you miss it no recourse. I had a similar problem but it going via Dublin with lots of time but was concerned about delays into Dublin and missing my RyanAir flight so decided to stay overnight. Would be ok if the flight was code share but yours and mine are not. If you were going to risk it. Would plan your journey from the arrival terminal to the Easy Jet flight in great detail. Find out what the arrival gate and departing gates are and see how to get from one to the other and pray.

Of course in your case if you miss it you can always get a train and put the thrown away airfare to bad luck.

Wondering if I allowed enough time to catch my easyjet flight from Paris (CDG) arriving at 9:30am and easyjet leaving at 10:55am. All I have is a carryon pack. Thanks for answers

No.

Planes almost never arrive on time. Even if they do, they often count the time they hit the runway as having arrived.

It will take at least a half hour to deplane.

Customs. I guess it depends on where you are travelling from. I don't have the experience of Paris but I have spent upwards of an hour getting through customs in Britain, Argentina, New Zealand, and Canada. Usually its longer if several large planes arrive at the same time.

Next you will likely go from international terminal to domestic terminal (which may take a half hour) where you go through check in, security etc. Easy Jet usually wants you in their departure lounge a half hour before departure.

So again ... no you don't have enough time.

If I were you I would allow 2 hours minimum.

But don't let me deter you ... who knows ... you might get really lucky.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back