• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cathedral Audio-Tour

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know about a project that I am working on related to the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela. It is an audio tour of the cathedral that I am creating in cooperation with a professor of history at the University de Santiago de Compostela.

I just read the first draft of the manuscript last night and it looks great. This audio tour would be available for download to your mp3 player/computer (like iPod/iTunes) and will be free of charge. Since we are still early on I don't have a date of release yet, but I am hoping within a few months to have it ready. I will of course announce it here when it is done.

The tour comes with a map and we will guide you around the cathedral on the outside, showing you the different plazas and then step inside the cathedral and guiding you around the inside. My guess would be that the tour itself will be around 1 hour or so... We will have versions in English, Castelano and Galego.

... I am excited, so I just wanted to let you all know about this. I will keep you updated.

Greetings from sunny and warm Santiago,
Ivar

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
That's a wonderful idea Ivar.

I will be waiting for this as entering into the cathedral, at the end of my Camino, was one of the high points in my life.

If you ever contemplate a French version I would be willing to help with the translation.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Cathedral Tour

Will the tour include the roof of the cathedral? Its a great way to see Santiago.

We decided not to include the roof, but we will mention it during the tour as a suggested thing to do for those that want to learn more....

This is a pilot project that we are doing with TurGalicia. If this first audio tour is a success, we will do more of them... ...and then also in more languages as well, French and Norwegian included :) Thanks for your offer, will keep it in mind.

If it was not clear from my first post, the idea is that you download this before leaving home to your mp3 player and listen to it while in Santiago. You actually walk around the cathedral and we will explain figures and arches as you stand in front of them.

It will also work if you want to listen at home, but you will not see the figures and things we describe. We might include some photos of items for those using iPods (video iPods only I believe).

Saludos,
Ivar

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back