• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Catholic Mass in Fromista - 6 pm

Wiebmer

Ning Wiebmer
Time of past OR future Camino
2015 Frances, 500 miles. 2016 Via Francigena, 200 miles. 2018 Frances Burgos to Sarria.
We've been having trouble finding out when Catholic Mass is held in the little towns on the Camino Frances.

There is an evening Mass in Fromista at their amazing church that starts at 6 pm. The literature says the church has been deconsecrated -- but that's not the case.

Sadly, our hotel told us there was no Mass in town -- but it may have been my poor Spanish. We slid in just in time for communion so I guess it worked out...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Normally the barman or your hospitalero will know, but if not, ask any older woman. n pretty well every pueblo along the Frances, there are evening masses. There seems to be an assumption that, if you're interested, you already know. Spain has fairly strong religious divisions and those who are not churchgoers will have no idea whatsover what time mass might be, no matter how long they have lived there, and outside Galicia nobody seems to have thought of the innovation of having a church notice board. Generally masses are around 7.00 and the rosary is said about 20 minutes beforehand. I

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Churches on caminos:

http://acogidacristianaenloscaminosdesantiago.org/

https://www.google.es/maps/@42.4206...!4m2!6m1!1s1Ri9eQL2rE26aoP3mQkZYbHWzBC4?hl=es

Fromista, San Pedro

HORARIOS DE MISAS:
Martes a sábados y vísperas de festivos: 19:00 H (invierno), 20:00 H (verano)
Domingos y festivos: 13:00 H Apertura Del 1 de marzo al 12 de octubre: 10:00-13:30 y 16:00-19:30.
Los miércoles, a partir del 8 de mayo, la Misa es en la Iglesia de San Martín a las 20:00 H Es un perfecto ejemplo del estilo gótico, con una soberbia portada renacentista. Se comenzó a construir en el siglo XV. No obstante, no fue hasta el siglo siguiente cuando recibe su forma definitiva. Posee una torre de cuatro cuerpos, de aspecto rotundo y macizo. Uno de los elementos más interesantes del exterior es la portada renacentista, trazada por Juan de Escalante hacia 1560. También cabe destacar el grupo del Descendimiento, de la escuela castellana de Juan de Valmaseda, y dos imágenes esculturales: San Pedro y San Pablo, del siglo XV. En las naves laterales del templo hay dos lienzos de Gregorio Ferro, discípulo de Mengs: uno con la imagen del Crucificado; y otro con la de San José. En el interior, el templo se organiza en cinco tramos y tres naves divididas por pilares fasciculados, que soportan bóvedas de crucería estrellada con combados. Presidiendo el presbiterio se alza el retablo mayor, diseñado por Francisco Trejo en 1636. Sigue el esquema clasicista, ordenado y monumental, que caracteriza a los retablos del momento, inspirados en motivos herrerianos.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I attended mass with the nuns at San Pedro, and it was very touching.
It may not have been in an old beautiful church, but in some ways that made it more intimate and closer to the heart. I felt the same joining the nuns in Rabé de las Calzadas. Beautiful.

Thank you everyone for all this great information!I have a lot to learn -- even though this is our second Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back