• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Catholic Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.
you don´t have to be a priest to speak truth, or to minister to God´s people. You don´t have to be Catholic, or even male.
Keep looking up, over all the talking heads and doctrines and shrieks of "that´s not fair!" That crucified truth is where your answer is.

Thanks for that Rebekah that sounds like my loving God !! Who accepts all who genuinly open their hearts and spirit in humility to his love and compassion. That crucified truth is where our answer is.
pilgrim b

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If an Anglican believes in the real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist, why be Anglican and not RC? I'm a member of the Episcopal Church of the USA and have always understood this as a major difference between us. Sure, we believe in the presence of Christ, but not that our host and wine literally becomes the flesh and blood of Jesus.

Some Lutheran churches and the Catholic church kissed and made up (a bit; Council of Trent? Oops. My bad.):
http://www.cin.org/users/james/files/jddj.htm

But on communion not so much:
http://www.firstthings.com/onthesquare/2012/10/why-canrsquot-lutherans-take-catholic-communion

As far as I understand this, and it's possibly incorrect, so caveat --- Individual Lutherans who believe in the Real Presence may, if so specifically permitted, take Holy Communion ; Catholics may also take Holy Communion from a Lutheran Minister who believes in the Real Presence (but they may NOT take it from a Lutheran minister who denies this doctrine).

And Lutheran pilgrims who believe in the Real Presence may generally speaking take Holy Communion in Catholic churches during their pilgrimage.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If an Anglican believes in the real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist, why be Anglican and not RC? I'm a member of the Episcopal Church of the USA and have always understood this as a major difference between us. Sure, we believe in the presence of Christ, but not that our host and wine literally becomes the flesh and blood of Jesus.

The doctrines of transsubstantiation and the Real Presence in the Species of the Eucharist are not the only differences between Anglicanism and Catholicism.

Here is what I do, I simply ask ;-) I arrive early enough before mass begins and find the priest who is the celebrant and then I tell him that I am an Anglican that believes in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist and ask him if he allows me to receive or if he prefers that I don't receive. In any case I respect his answer and thank him. SY
Hear hear!!

I thought discussions on religion were banned under the new rules as they can lead to disharmony.

2) No discussions on religion, sports and politics. These topics "always" end in a fight, so let's not go there. It is true that the Camino and religion is closely related, so some leeway will be given.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I thought discussions on religion were banned under the new rules as they can lead to disharmony.

2) No discussions on religion, sports and politics. These topics "always" end in a fight, so let's not go there. It is true that the Camino and religion is closely related, so some leeway will be given.

Wayfarer is entirely correct and "leeway" has been given in this thread.

The thread has remained civil for the most part, thus far, but may have run it's course.
The thread will be locked for a period before any problem starts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back