• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Catholics on Camino Pilgrimage

DankeL

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugues - May 2018
Frances - Mar 2019
I participate in a Camino FB Group, that was set up for Americans. So, before this post is mis-perceived, let me upfront set the baseline that the Camino is open to Everyone and provides to All, whatever said pilgrim/Camino walker needs.

That said, it was clear from a recent posting on said FB Group, that a forum that was geared towards Catholics, would allow this 'subset' of pilgrims to have their spiritual discussions and sharings within a Catholic community, without appearing to impose their beliefs and practices on a more general audience.

Thus, a Closed FB Group called 'Catholics On Camino Pilgrimage' was recently set up. There's no restriction on nationality etc, as long as you are interested in a more in-depth discussion from a Catholic perspective, and respect the group participants.

Here's the link to this FB Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/227889631282496/

Peace to you.

p/s. Due to time zone differences around the world, please be patient with the approvals to join this FB Group.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
May I join if I am a Protestant who is interested in the Catholic side of things? One of my goals for my Camino (and a larger three months I’m spending in Europe) is to try to understand the Catholic Church since I didn’t grow up in it and it’s so different from my Protestant tradition.

May I join if I am a Protestant who is interested in the Catholic side of things? One of my goals for my Camino (and a larger three months I’m spending in Europe) is to try to understand the Catholic Church since I didn’t grow up in it and it’s so different from my Protestant tradition.

Ruth, you are more than welcomed to join. We just ask participants to be respectful, and we do welcome your sharing of your Camino/spiritual experiences. We will stay away from church differences, and focus on our common faith and Christ.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

These websites may be helpful. You will be welcome at all of the services and may be able to enjoy them more if you know what is happening. I loved having a copy of the Mass in English and Spanish so I could follow along (a printable order of the Mass in English and Spanish www.misas.org/sta.tic/descarga/missa_es_en_.pdf.). Unless your Spanish is much better than mine, you won't understand the homily-- or readings, but you can get each day's Mass Scripture readings at www.ewtn.com. Other information about the Mass or any of the other prayer services, www.catholic.com. Buen Camino![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
These websites may be helpful. You will be welcome at all of the services and may be able to enjoy them more if you know what is happening. I loved having a copy of the Mass in English and Spanish so I could follow along (a printable order of the Mass in English and Spanish www.misas.org/sta.tic/descarga/missa_es_en_.pdf.). Unless your Spanish is much better than mine, you won't understand the homily-- or readings, but you can get each day's Mass Scripture readings at www.ewtn.com. Other information about the Mass or any of the other prayer services, www.catholic.com. Buen Camino!
[/QUOTE]

Ruth, thanks for sharing the Mass in English/Spanish resource. One of the FB participants had shared similarly, and I think this is a fantastic resource for those who wish to attend (vs just observing) the Spanish Mass. Love the other resources you shared. Welcome to the FB Group too!

Thank you, this was helpful. I downloaded it and read it over before the mass in Santiago last night, but they said to put phones away, so then I just listened and tried to catch what I could.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
These websites may be helpful. You will be welcome at all of the services and may be able to enjoy them more if you know what is happening. I loved having a copy of the Mass in English and Spanish so I could follow along (a printable order of the Mass in English and Spanish www.misas.org/sta.tic/descarga/missa_es_en_.pdf.). Unless your Spanish is much better than mine, you won't understand the homily-- or readings, but you can get each day's Mass Scripture readings at www.ewtn.com. Other information about the Mass or any of the other prayer services, www.catholic.com. Buen Camino!
[/QUOTE]

Mobilemejen, thanks for posting this. I realized I had wrongly attributed to Ruth earlier. Was off this blog for many weeks. :)

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back