Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
CaminoSupply.com
Apparel and accessories for your Camino

COVID CDC Do Not Travel List

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELHS220

Year of past OR future Camino
Francés - 2015, 2017
Norte (Oviedo Costa) - 2018
Finisterre/Muxía - 2018
Norte - (2019)
I am not sure exactly where to post this, but the interactive map put out by the CDC within the article might be of general interest. Not very encouraging to say the least.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

trecile

Camino Addict
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
the interactive map put out by the CDC within the article might be of general interest. Not very encouraging to say the least.
The map isn't static. Hopefully those dark red areas, ie., most of the world will change color as more people are vaccinated.😊

amancio

Veteran Member
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
Not very encouraging, really... thanks for sharing nonetheless!

I'm not much of an optimist, but this could turn around pretty quickly if vaccinations pick up. I think what you're going to end up with is a low level infection rate through 2021 and into 2022 with some type of passport or covid on the spot test required to get into most countries. I wouldn't look forward to really getting back to normal until sometime in 2022, but some travel is going to be allowed this year IMHO. As to Caminos, probably not this year.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Gene_781

Camino francés, Camino portugués (Tui), Pilgrims Welcome Office, hospitalero 8 times
On April 20th the US State Department issued level 4 travel advisories for Spain and Portugal: No not travel due to COVID concerns.

Limin Time

Camino France
Oct 2019, May 2017, Sept 2015
I live on St John, United Sates Virgin Islands. I believe we, in the Virgin Islands, have been handling the COVID-19 pandemic rather well. The VI requires' a negative COVID test before anyone enters the territory, and we require a mask be worn at all times when in public. We are one of the few islands in the Caribbean that are open to tourists. Its interesting how we're lumped statistical into North America category 4. Thus, what I'm saying it is bad out there, there's a lot of variables and statistical numbers do change over time. Its how the numbers are collected and used. There is an end to this madness, wait and see.
LocationCasesDeaths
U.S. Virgin Islands3,068

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated