• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

CDG to Biarritz by EasyJet: enough time to make connection?

barber1586

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, (September 2014); Camino Primitivo (August 2016)
I am not an experienced traveler and could use some advice. I am scheduled to arrive at CDG Terminal 2 at 8:35 a.m. (on September 11, 2014). There is an EasyJet flight departing CDG at 10:55 a.m. for Biarritz. Am I likely to make that flight? Thanks so much!

Mary

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If you check luggage you will probably have to retrieve it at CDG and take it to the Easy Jet check-in counter, probably in a different terminal. In my experience CDG always seems to take a long time to change terminals since you usually have to take a bus. I would not risk this with checked luggage

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If you check luggage you will probably have to retrieve it at CDG and take it to the Easy Jet check-in counter, probably in a different terminal. In my experience CDG always seems to take a long time to change terminals since you usually have to take a bus. I would not risk this with checked luggage
I agree with James. Since you won't have a through ticket the combination of waiting for luggage, taking the bus, and getting there, and even possibly going through another security check may time you out.
Suggestion: If you're just carrying your pack as on the Camino, don't check anything. That way I think you're OK (except for a very late arrival).

Thank you @whariwharangi, @jburr3708, and @indyinmaine for your helpful responses. I will not be checking a bag but will be carrying my pack on the plane with me. I arrive in Terminal 2E and would depart from Terminal 2D if I purchase the ticket. When I arrive at CDG will I go through customs or passport clearance or something (I mentioned I am a novice traveler! ;)) or just head directly to Terminal 2D?

I will give Plan B some thought.

Thank you so much for your advice!

Best regards,
Mary

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Is your pack small enough for Easyjets carry on limits? 50cmx40x20 I think.
No, it's not. I would have to check it on the EasyJet flight to Biarritz. I should double check my AirFrance flight to make sure my pack fits the cabin carryon requirements. I guess it wouldn't go over so well with AirFrance if I tried the excuse "...but REI said I could!" ;)

Thank you @whariwharangi, @jburr3708, and @indyinmaine for your helpful responses. I will not be checking a bag but will be carrying my pack on the plane with me. I arrive in Terminal 2E and would depart from Terminal 2D if I purchase the ticket. When I arrive at CDG will I go through customs or passport clearance or something (I mentioned I am a novice traveler! ;)) or just head directly to Terminal 2D?

I will give Plan B some thought.

Thank you so much for your advice!

Best regards,
Mary

Customs procedures will take place before you leave terminal 2E.

The shuttle information from 2E to 2D is here:
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/...rks/Paris-CDG/Access/Inter_terminal_shuttles/

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks to your helpful comments, I decided not to take the flight to Biarritz and instead have booked a flight to Pau at 1:20 p.m. I have also made arrangements for transportation to SJPP with Express Bourricot. I feel much more comfortable with these arrangements. :) I am indebted to you.

Mary

Thanks to your helpful comments, I decided not to take the flight to Biarritz and instead have booked a flight to Pau at 1:20 p.m. I have also made arrangements for transportation to SJPP with Express Bourricot. I feel much more comfortable with these arrangements. :) I am indebted to you.

Mary
Hi Mary,
I had planned on taking the TGV from CDG to Bayonne and then another train to SJPdP. After reading your post, I checked airfares to Pau and they are about the same as a train ticket. I went on the Express Bourricot site, but it was hard to tell how much they will charge for a bus to SJPP.
What kind of rates did you get from them? Too bad we are doing this a day before you. We could travel together. :)
Linda

Hi Mary,
I had planned on taking the TGV from CDG to Bayonne and then another train to SJPdP. After reading your post, I checked airfares to Pau and they are about the same as a train ticket. I went on the Express Bourricot site, but it was hard to tell how much they will charge for a bus to SJPP.
What kind of rates did you get from them? Too bad we are doing this a day before you. We could travel together. :)
Linda
Hi, Linda! Yes, too bad our dates are a day off. I believe you arrive on the 10th, correct? I arrive on the 11th. The cost is 116 euro. I assume if others are needing transportation at that time that my cost would go down, but as it is, I will be delighted to be transported. :)

I was going to take the TGV to Bayonne and the TER on to SJPP but ran into problems because of my arrival time at CDG. I arrive at 8:35 a.m. and the train departs at 10:16. It was cutting it pretty close. If I didn't make that, I wouldn't make it to SJPP that evening and have the chance to meet you and your hubby. I couldn't have that, now could I? ;)

Express Bourricot responded to my enquiry right away. The nice thing about the flight/transport taxi is that travel time is less.

I hope to see you on the 11th!

Mary

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Mary
Mary,

That's even better because you can always depend on Caroline. I took that flight to Pau but ended up with a train strike (which I understand is still going on!).

Buen Camino

Mary,

That's even better because you can always depend on Caroline. I took that flight to Pau but ended up with a train strike (which I understand is still going on!).

Buen Camino
So glad to know, IndyinMaine! Caroline responded right away and I am thinking the transport is exactly what I will need at that point in my travels. I got the idea to fly to Pau, by the way, from your earlier post in another thread. Thank you! I will not have a time crunch so my journey is likelier to be pleasant. Sorry to learn you ran into a train strike. Did you call Caroline?

Buen Camino,
Mary

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There is frequent train service from Pau to Bayonne. SNCF TER Aquitaine.

There is bus service from Pau to SJPdP. Transport64.
Thank you for the info, whariwharangi. Very helpful. I had already contacted Express Bourricot for a ride and will stick with my booking, but good to know for the next time and for anyone else reading this post. :)

So glad to know, IndyinMaine! Caroline responded right away and I am thinking the transport is exactly what I will need at that point in my travels. I got the idea to fly to Pau, by the way, from your earlier post in another thread. Thank you! I will not have a time crunch so my journey is likelier to be pleasant. Sorry to learn you ran into a train strike. Did you call Caroline?

Buen Camino,
Mary
She was already booked to pick me and two others up in Bayonne!!!! My daughter and I had to take a taxi ($$$$$$$) or wait until the bus ran at 7:30 PM.

Mary and Linda
I arrive in Biarritz via CDG on Wednesday Sept 10 at 12.20 and planning to get transport over to SJPD that afternoon so that I can begin Sept 11 so our paths may cross. Would have travelled from NZ
CATHY

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Mary and Linda
I arrive in Biarritz via CDG on Wednesday Sept 10 at 12.20 and planning to get transport over to SJPD that afternoon so that I can begin Sept 11 so our paths may cross. Would have travelled from NZ
CATHY
Take a day off! Your body will still be somewhere over the Indian Ocean!

Mary and Linda
CATHY
Hi, Cathy! You will be leaving two days ahead of me, unless you take @indyinmaine's advice and take a rest day. I arrive at SJPP on the 11th and will take a rest day, departing for Orisson on the 13th. Linda will be leaving SJPP on the 12th. It looks like you are on a tight schedule, though, so you may decide to forge ahead. If I don't get a chance to personally greet you on the Way, let me now wish you a Buen Camino!
Mary

Hi All-

I will be doing my first camino in mid-Sept. too. Haven't settled on a start date yet but am about to make my travel plans. I'm considering the Paris/Biarritz route, but the Madrid/Pamplona route might be simpler (at least from the U.S.). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi All-

I will be doing my first camino in mid-Sept. too. Haven't settled on a start date yet but am about to make my travel plans. I'm considering the Paris/Biarritz route, but the Madrid/Pamplona route might be simpler (at least from the U.S.). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

A key factor to consider is how you will go home. That and cost determine plans for a lot of us.

I went by way of Vancouver to London to Biarritz. I could have returned to London from Santiago and eventually went Madrid to London to Vancouver. Any flights to Paris or Madrid went by way of London anyway and I figured I'd want to stop and get some rest. The discount airlines make it easy to get around Europe ... I bought a ticket from Madrid to London the day of travel. The only real downside is customs and security in London are time consuming as is transferring from one airport to another.

There is frequent train service from Pau to Bayonne. SNCF TER Aquitaine.

There is bus service from Pau to SJPdP. Transport64.

I'm considering flying from Paris to Pau instead of the train (Cdg to Bayonne) like Mary. Where can I find the Transport 64 bus schedules to get me from Pau to Sjpp?
Bouricot seems ridiculously expensiveif others are not booked.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I looked at this and unless I'm not reading right you would have to change busses twice to get to SJPDP.
I never considered it but I think coming in the "back door" via Pamplona and staying somewhere in between seems the easiest.

Two buses from Bayonne (811, 810) and three buses from Pau (801, 809, 810). The train from Pau to Bayonne to SJPdP is probably more efficient.

Travel via Pamplona is not practical if travelling via Paris.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am flying into Madrid and taking an alsa.es bus that goes directly from the Madrid airport to Pamplona. There I switch and hop on a bus to SJPP. Simple dimple I already bought my tickets online and they serve as boarding so that's all I need. Not trying to complicate myself with trains in France when they're currently on strike FYI. I used to live in France and that can happen anytime of year so I wouldn't bank on the train.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back