A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Celebrate Ivar and María's new baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

natefaith

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Hi everyone,
Ivar and his lovely wife María just had a baby boy! Baby Lukas arrived this past week and all is well.

To help the family celebrate, some of us have set up an online baby shower in the event their friends and acquaintances around the world might want to give toward their needs as new parents. Visit the Go Fund Me page to find out more.

All funds collected - except for the standard campaign processing fees - will be passed on to @ivar and María, who did not know about this baby shower until just a couple days ago. :) (Surprise, Ivar and María! We are so happy for you!)

Buen Camino,
Faith

Ivar and María's Baby Shower - Go Fund Me

Last edited:

Advertisment

Advertisment

Pruden

Pilgrim of life
Camino(s) past & future
October 2012 Camino Francés Sarria /Santiago.
November 2013 Camino Francés
León to Sarria
June 2014 Camino Francés San Juan Pie de Port to Logroño.
November 2016 Camino Frances ,Logroño to León.
Congratulations to Ivar and Maria for the new baby born!
I'm sure he would be a future generation pilgrims!
All the best !!

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Thank you all!!! ... and a big thanks to @natefaith for organizing this! This was a big surprise, we are very thankful!! We definitely need some more baby equipment so this comes in handy. Will post pictures once we have bought it.

Lukas was born last thursday in Santiago. All is well with him and Maria.... and me. The last few days bedtime is 9pm and up at 7am... 5-6 hours of sleep. I guess this is normal. We are very happy both of us.

IMG_7851.JPG

He is (of course) the cutest baby in the world :)

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Leon-SDC 2012, Hospitalera Rabanal 2014, First Aid 2015, Burgos-Rabanal 2017, Part VF 2017
Dear Ivar and Maria -
Congratulations and best, best wishes to you both on the birth of your darling boy, Lukas.
Thanks for the photo ... Those little feet are made for walking! :)
Cheers - Jenny

Texas Walker

Camino(s) past & future
Norte (2017 summer)
Portugues (2015)
Frances (2014)
Thank you all!!! ... and a big thanks to @natefaith for organizing this! This was a big surprise, we are very thankful!! We definitely need some more baby equipment so this comes in handy. Will post pictures once we have bought it.

Lukas was born last thursday in Santiago. All is well with him and Maria.... and me. The last few days bedtime is 9pm and up at 7am... 5-6 hours of sleep. I guess this is normal. We are very happy both of us.

View attachment 32029

Of course he is completely adorable. If he didn't cry all night long the first night or two, you are ahead of the game. Blessings!

Annette london

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Hi everyone,
Ivar and his lovely wife María just had a baby boy! Baby Lukas arrived this past week and all is well.

To help the family celebrate, some of us have set up an online baby shower in the event their friends and acquaintances around the world might want to give toward their needs as new parents. Visit the Go Fund Me page to find out more.

All funds collected - except for the standard campaign processing fees - will be passed on to @ivar and María, who did not know about this baby shower until just a couple days ago. :) (Surprise, Ivar and María! We are so happy for you!)

Buen Camino,
Faith

Warm congratulations to Ivar and Maria
Where would so many of us "old and new ones" be without this forum??
Thank you Ivar....but remember ....with this latest little member,the hard work is just beginning!!!

Ps..count yourselves lucky to be getting 5-6 hours sleep a night!!

poogeyejr

Camino(s) past & future
Norte, May 2011
Norte, Sept 2013
Started the Frances, 2017
Congratulations Maria and Ivar! Ivar - we spoke about babies when I picked up my box from you the week before Lukas arrived. My niece was born the day before Lukas and her name is Sia.

The future looks very bright indeed!!!

Ekelund

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
The Camino Frances 2005
The Portugese Camino 2014
The Camino Ingles Easter 2015
The Camino Ingles April 2016
The Camino del Norte/The Primitivo 2016
What wonderful news. Congratulations to Ivar and Maria and thank you for the picture of his little feet, they will be walking soon. All the best to you and your son.

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Camino(s) past & future
yes...
I love babies feet... I cried the first time I counted my sons toes and realised just how tiny there were... and 18 years later he takes an EU size 49!

Congratulations Ivar and María and welcome Lukas... I wish you all the same prayer I ask for my own loved ones... Keep them safe, Keep them happy.

Erik Anderson

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
GR11 Hondarribia - Cabo de Creus
3 X CF SJPP to Finisterre
Camino Mozarabe, VP and Sanabres
Hi everyone,

Buen Camino,
Faith

Many congratulations to María and Ivar, and the very warmest welcome to Lukas.

BC

Bloo

Saint Mike II

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean 2017.
Hola Ivar & Maria - much congratulations on the arrival of Lucas - agree with Jill "love the feet". Small extra coming - and never doubt Ivar that your Forum Family truly appreciate your efforts so if we can help in any small way then this is only repaying you for your efforts during the past 10 years. Cheers

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!

View attachment 32029

Hahahahaha, no blisters here.
Yet ;)

Congratulations, Ivar & Maria!!!

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Ingles May 2018 completed - the Very Last Camino of All!
Walk softly upon the earth.
May its beauty forever surround you,
its wonders forever astound you.

May its wisdom delight you,
its music invite you
to dance and to play and to sing.

May you love and be loved by all that you meet;
may you know and practice compassion.

Rejoice in the earth and in all of creation.
Rejoice in life.

Isa R

Camino(s) past & future
April 2016
Hi everyone,

Buen Camino,
Faith

Congrats to Ivar and Maria, God bless your little boy.

Huge congratulations you both Maria and Ivar. Welcome to the world baby Lukas. What wonderful parents you have, they will wisely teach you about what really matters in life!!
Hi Ivar and Maria. Many congrats! Have sent Lukas a message on my Poems for Seekers thread down there on the veedlepee posts just to make sure all you old CF guys don't monopolise him! Keep on truckin kid! :)

The Malingerer.
Vaya con Dios.

NewBeginning

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Fall (2017)

View attachment 32029

Hmmmm... no Gore-Tex boots. to fit those little munchkin feet just yet....

Hi everyone,

Buen Camino,
Faith

Congratulations Ivar and Maria on a wonderful, blessed addition to your family.

Bala

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (SJPdP-Burgos, 2015)
Camino Frances (Burgos-Sarria, 2018)
Sarria-Santiago (fall 2018)
Congratulations, Ivar and Maria! And a warm, happy welcome to Lukas. Wishing you all joy and happiness!

Camino(s) past & future
May (2016)
Hi everyone,

Buen Camino,
Faith

Congratulations!!!

Arn

Staff member
Donating Member
Congratulations and Welcome Baby Lukas!

I also made a baby shower gift on the GoFundMe shower site https://www.gofundme.com/ivar-and-marias-online-baby-shower

A great way to show Ivar that we appreciate his long dedicated work in maintaining the forum for us all.
Hi all, we are very close to the goal. If you have children, you know the needs of a new family. If you do not...you know the benefits of celebrating those that will labor under that blessing.
We are close to our goal. If you haven't already spent a few €'s on beer or vino, consider, just this once, to dedicate it to baby Lukas.
Buen "baby a walking" Camino,
Arn

natefaith

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Hi all, we are very close to the goal. If you have children, you know the needs of a new family. If you do not...you know the benefits of celebrating those that will labor under that blessing.
We are close to our goal. If you haven't already spent a few €'s on beer or vino, consider, just this once, to dedicate it to baby Lukas.
Buen "baby a walking" Camino,
Arn
Hola everyone,
Yes, we are very close to the goal! If you know of anyone else who might be interested in participating in baby Lukas's online baby shower, please pass along this link: https://www.gofundme.com/ivar-and-marias-online-baby-shower.

We'll keep it open for a couple more weeks so there is still time.

Take care and THANKS to everyone who has given a little somethin' somethin' to Ivar and María!
Faith

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2014, 2015)
St Olav/Francés (2016)
Baztanés/Francés (2017)
Ingles (July 2018)
I cannot resist posting this quote from another thread, in case Ivar misses it:
LUKAS C/O IVAR AND MARIA
Welcome
you came in on the wings
of a great storm
battering my coast

May the great winds blow away
all obstacles in your path
and the stars will pierce
the skies
as clouds draw back
and mountains wait
for you
to make your very first of footfalls
on your way.

Vaya con Dios

The Malingerer

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Thank you everyone for all of this.. I have no words to describe this generosity. This money comes in handy for us and Lukas.. I will post some pictures of the things we have bought with the money later on.

I would like to take the chance to thank the moderators for their help with running the forum over the last few weeks since I have been semi-absent. They are doing a wonderful job!

Thank you!

...back to diapers :)
Ivar

Arn

Staff member
Donating Member
Fellow Forum members: the goal is quite reasonable. Considering the overall membership, we on the Forum should have passed the goal weeks ago.
Just to make it exciting. I will double any donation made in the next 48 hours.
Buen "baby needs a new pair of shoes@ camino
Arn

Mike Savage

So many friends to meet . . . so little time
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés,Inglés
Muxia/Finisterre
Português Coastal
Português Central
Sanabrés
Okay Arn, couldn't let you off too easy and I really wanted us to make the goal! Thanks for your generous help.

Mike

natefaith

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
We are almost there! Just 18€ left to go now!

It has been so neat to see 60+ people participate in this online baby shower. If we had thrown a real party and 60 people had come, we would've been bursting at the seams! This was way more relaxed though not necessarily as fun. :) A big thank-you to all who have wanted to give a gift to baby Lukas.

There are still a couple weeks left so please do keep sharing the GoFundMe page: https://www.gofundme.com/ivar-and-marias-online-baby-shower

Take care and Buen Camino!
Faith

natefaith

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
We are almost there! Just 18€ left to go now!
Scratch that: Arn took us over the top. Thanks, Arn!

We'll still keep it open for a couple weeks, and anything given after today will still go to Ivar and Maria.

Since we've all got baby on the brain while we're in this thread - what were some of your favorite baby gifts your kids/ nephews/ nieces/ grandkids received?

peregrina2000

Staff member
Donating Member
From the donor side (since I have trouble remembering when I was on the receiving side :oops:), I can say that the favorite gift I gave each of my grandkids was a compostela "vicaarie pro" -- not sure it was THEIR favorite to receive, however. Another candidate is the lovely Sorolla print I got in the Sorolla museum of a mother dressed in white, against a shocking blue sky and sea, holding her son in her arms. The sun, the sparkling water, the shadows, it is really beautiful. (Totally off topic, but if you go to Madrid, you MUST MUST MUST go to the Sorolla museum).

natefaith

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Hi everyone, the baby shower for Ivar and María ends on March 31, just a few days away. If you'd like to still participate, please do so! The link again is https://www.gofundme.com/ivar-and-marias-online-baby-shower. Together we have raised over 1900€ already - amazing!

Take care,
Faith

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2014, 2015)
St Olav/Francés (2016)
Baztanés/Francés (2017)
Ingles (July 2018)
It has been so neat to see 60+ people participate in this online baby shower. If we had thrown a real party and 60 people had come, we would've been bursting at the seams! This was way more relaxed though not necessarily as fun. :)
Parties are not nearly as fun as this, Faith. You got us all together to be generous to Lukas and his Dad and Mum. How good is that??
Three cheers to you for getting the generosity ball rolling!
[Note to self...remember to stop in at Pilgrim House when I'm in Santiago, to make a wee donation to keep Faith and Nate and all their good work going.]

natefaith

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Hi everyone, it's the last day for the shower! If anyone loves waiting until the last day to give, your moment has arrived! :)

The link is https://www.gofundme.com/ivar-and-marias-online-baby-shower

A special THANKS and shout-out to the Moderators, too - they are really the ones that refined the baby shower idea and made it happen.

Thanks to everyone for coming around Ivar and María and celebrating with them in this way.

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2014, 2015)
St Olav/Francés (2016)
Baztanés/Francés (2017)
Ingles (July 2018)
Thanks all around to all the invisible hands that came together to make this happen--the organizing ones, the giving ones, and the receiving ones.
If you haven't offered, please join us. It's a happy place to be.
Heartfelt good wishes to you, Ivar and Maria...and of course to Lukas--the star of the show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.2%
  • June