• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Celebrating Saint James Day at Home

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
If you can't be in Santiago for the celebrations, here a wonderful video by Redemptorist priest and bible scholar, Fr Denis McBride C.Ss.R for this occasion (in English!). During the Mass prayers are offered for pilgrims everywhere and the pilgrim associations which serve them. Fr Denis’s sermon is outstanding and the mass concludes with the Botafumeiro.

Watch it here:

Greetings and lots of hugs from the distance, from Santiago, SY

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thankyou @SYates
Wow.
I have just enjoyed (watching/listening to) this video whilst sitting in my backyard with birdlife popping in to say hi to me.
Truly uplifting video and word.
It was so good to listen to this Mass in English.. the message was wonderful. To me - It reminds me of why I love the Camino too. Also, seeing that beautiful garden after the readings and the final ‘swinging’ of the botafumeiro in the cathedral with that music - Wow.

Will you be sharing more ?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you so much. I watched a bit last evening and am about to watch the rest now. For those who might like to ‘go to mass’ in St James’ church in Dublin at 10.30 gmt, here is a link: http://www.stjamesparish.ie/ I am not sure if it is going to be recorded for those who might see this too late, but you can have a look. A lovely idea to have virtual communal celebration, so thanks again for this, @SYates .
Edit: you have shared a lovely gift with us, @SYates . Thank you once more. May all pilgrims, those alive, and those “who have fallen asleep in the hope of the Resurrection” be united in the pilgrimage so deftly portrayed in the words of the celebrant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for this. I just immersed myself in the words and music. I'm missing my Camino this year and watching that video has lifted me from my doldrums.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Me and fellow Rhino doing the Saint James Day home alone...

1595689657588.png

Thank you so much for sharing, this was beautiful!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you can't be in Santiago for the celebrations, here a wonderful video by Redemptorist priest and bible scholar, Fr Denis McBride C.Ss.R for this occasion (in English!). During the Mass prayers are offered for pilgrims everywhere and the pilgrim associations which serve them. Fr Denis’s sermon is outstanding and the mass concludes with the Botafumeiro.

Watch it here:

Thanks for this! I was trying to think of a way to celebrate other than wishing everyone Happy Feast of St. James.
Ultreya

Watch it here:

Thank you SYates. This is a beautiful mass and the homily is truly inspiring. Happy and blessed St James Day to all pilgrims. I am longing to walk again!

Today, July 25, I received my Camino mask in Columbia MO and a spanking new credential passport which I ordered from Ivar earlier this year. To open both today, of ALLdays, I take as felicitations from St James (and a thank you to Ivar) that 2021 shall prove to be a year when I may safely travel to Spain for my fourth Camino (2002, 2012, 2019). Ultreya everyone!

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you. St. James indeed has become a fisher of men. May Peace prevail on Earth.

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.