• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Celtic Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just a shout out for the Celtic Camino. I'm doing the Bray to Dublin stretch tomorrow as a warm-up for heading to Spain. Hoping the rain eases off for one day!
Ultreia! If the rain doesn't stop then try to think of it as good training for Galicia. The rain in Spain falls mainly in the top-left corner despite what they sing in 'My Fair Lady' ;)

Yes, I did think the experience might not he that different. Warmer rain in Galicia perhaps?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Just a shout out for the Celtic Camino.
This time last year walked St Kevin's Way, to Glendalough in preparation for my September walk last year. It's a good opportunity to locate your stone that can be left behind on St. James's Way. One of my favourite stamp's, the labyrinth... Ultreia 🤠

Attachments

• IMG_20190816_133259939.jpg
    IMG_20190816_133259939.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Just a shout out for the Celtic Camino. I'm doing the Bray to Dublin stretch tomorrow as a warm-up for heading to Spain. Hoping the rain eases off for one day!
I also walked from Bray to St JAmes’s church last September, and my Compostela is displayed under the glass on the coffee table. I did not sue it though, to get a compostela from A Corunna as we walked from Ferrol. The rain was relentless on the Wednesday - or was it Thursday - or was it both??? A soft day, all in all. By good luck, one clean dry pair of socks was tucked inside the pack for the following day...wishing you the best, it was hard in spots, but generally a lovely camino, and especially the last day - enchanted indeed.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
That's great. I had planned to do it last weekend but all those warnings of thunder & lightning were a bit off-putting! This weekend can only be better :)

That's great. I had planned to do it last weekend but all those warnings of thunder & lightning were a bit off-putting! This weekend can only be better :)
You mean I am missing thunder and lightning? I am due home to Dublin on Sunday evening. Then I will know where the shoe grips me, back to aul clase and purritch. I forgot to say, when I walked from bray, I had to finish at the dart station in Booterstown and head home because I had something to do, but I retraced my steps the next day and set out again. Just make sure, if you want to see the folks in the office, that you check if they are there on the day you walk in to town. I actually had to go back as I didn’t time it right, but I did get a beautiful sello in Christchurch, and also one at the brewery.

Don't worry, we're now back to soft & persistant normal rain. It'll make going back to work easier. I didn't think to check but I'll head off anyway as I don't really need the stamps as part of my main Camino planning. More of a dry run. I've planned on an 8am start to leave time.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I don't really need the stamps as part of my main Camino
I understand your simply using this as a preparation walk and hope it's a good'n but for benefit of others if you want to complete the Celtic Camino and receive Compestella in Santiago stamps in passport proving walked at least 25km is necessary according to Camino Society Ireland 🤠

Compostela is displayed under the glass on the coffee table.
That's a great idea and lovely talking point over tea, I bet. No one calls around to mine anymore, wonder why🤔 Surely it's nothing to do with my incessant Camino tales and trying to show people the way 🤠

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That's a great idea and lovely talking point over tea, I bet. No one calls around to mine anymore, wonder why🤔 Surely it's nothing to do with my incessant Camino tales and trying to show people the way 🤠
Isn't that what a forum like this is for? So we can bore the backsides off each other in sympathetic company and leave sane people alone? ;)

Everything has taken longer because I walked with a friend up to Dun Laoghaire & chat made me forget to watch directions! So I can't reach St James for the stamp before closure. Will get to Christchurch & have to retrace last bit presumably if I want the final stage stamp, etc.

I understand your simply using this as a preparation walk and hope it's a good'n but for benefit of others if you want to complete the Celtic Camino and receive Compestella in Santiago stamps in passport proving walked at least 25km is necessary according to Camino Society Ireland 🤠

Presuming that applies if your Camino in Spain is under the 100km?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The Celtic Camino concept takes advantage of a special exception to the 100km rule. The modern Camino Ingles from Ferrol is over 100km. So no problem. But the more traditional historic route for pilgrims from Britain and Ireland was to sail to A Coruña. Which is only 70-something km away. After some debate the cathedral agreed that those who walk 25km on a pilgrim route (not very clearly defined) in their home country first and have evidence for that can receive a Compostela after walking from A Coruña. The Camino Society Ireland have taken up the idea with enthusiasm and essentially rebranded it :cool:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
As per excellent response from @Bradypus you presume correct. I think it's a lovely idea, starting Camino at home and finishing in your home from home 🤠

Most read last week in this forum

An article in the weekend edition of the Irish Times. I hope it can be accessed. If not, just follow the website above. Go n-éirí an bóthar leat, Credit for Gaelic version, @wayfarer...
The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.