Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Certification (credencial) in San Sebastián

opepper21

Past OR future Camino
Hi,

have reached San Sebastián but still don’t have a certification card! I understand you can get them from buen pastor or the cathedral but I’ve visited both and have been unable to find anyone to talk to in either place- anyone got any advice?

many thanks,
Olivia 😊

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Hi,

have reached San Sebastián but still don’t have a certification card! I understand you can get them from buen pastor or the cathedral but I’ve visited both and have been unable to find anyone to talk to in either place- anyone got any advice?

many thanks,
Olivia 😊
opepper21,
To obtain your pilgrim Credential
perhaps tomorrow during working hours you might try the office of the Arzobispado de Donostia
within the Seminario Diocesano
Paseo de Hériz, 82,
20011 Donostia-San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa,

Good luck and Buen camino.

Last edited:
Past OR future Camino
2002, Toulouse/Aragon 2005, Cami S Jaume/Aragon 2007/9, Mont Saint Michel/Norte/Vadiniense 2011, Norte/Primitivo 2013, Norte/Primitivo 2014. Norte 2015, Cami S Jaume/Castellano-Aragonese 2016
you should also try the Oficina de Turismo in San Sebastian, which is at Alemada de Boulevard 8, just over the bridge. Turismos usually have credenciales even if the cathedral doesn't, although sometimes albergues have them. Asking for a certification card may confuse people.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads