• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Chacos

Jerri Kerley

Time of past OR future Camino
09/2017-11/2017
I am having great difficulty finding boots/shoes that fit my feet properly. My feet are wide through the toe, narrow in the heel, with a high arch. I have tried many different brands, sizes, widths and they all make my toes/ball of foot numb.

Yesterday, I hiked 4 miles in my Chacos (with socks) and I had no pain or discomfort:)

Have any of you hiked the Camino in Chacos? Were they durable? Do you have any insight or tips?

Thanks

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am having great difficulty finding boots/shoes that fit my feet properly. My feet are wide through the toe, narrow in the heel, with a high arch. I have tried many different brands, sizes, widths and they all make my toes/ball of foot numb.

Yesterday, I hiked 4 miles in my Chacos (with socks) and I had no pain or discomfort:)

Have any of you hiked the Camino in Chacos? Were they durable? Do you have any insight or tips?

Thanks

No idea about chacos. If they are a reasonably well made shoe then they will make 800 km of camino. Its important to have shoes that fit.

Because of another foot problem I had to walk in my Chacos on the Camino Frances for nearly the total distance or go home. I wore wool socks and loved them. Mind you there was no rain or mud but it was very doable. A little more difficult on large rocks because there is no lateral stability. Have to be careful not to turn an ankle. Requires good sock washing and foot scrubbing.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Thanks
Yes I walked almost my entire Camino in Chaco Evo 2. I started in Solomon trail runners and had a severe pain like a knife stab in my left foot. My foot swelled and I had my Chacos as a backup. I ditched the Solomons and walked from Logono to Muxia. Their a very durable soft shoe with a nice red on them. I still wear them.
But make sure they are not too tight. Any shoe you take. Go slow and enjoy your Camino!

Thanks

Hey Jerri,

I'm a Chaco enthusiast. I'd wear them every day and all the time if work would let me. I would have brought them along the first time I did the Camino, but I own the z2, which isn't conducive to sock wearing.

Long story, I did about half of the Camino in a pair of Trek hiking/walking sandals due to blisters and a poor sock choice. I bought the Teva's in Logrono along with a pair of Lorpen socks. They were a foot saver. They performed well in the rain and were dry by morning. They were plenty good for the Camino. I am strongly considering packing those in addition to my shoes.

Also, I don't know if Reebok makes trail shoes, but I find the reeboks to have a larger toe box and to be more on the narrow side than other brands.

Peace,
PC

Hi Jerri,

I also have pretty wide feet and many boots/shoes/sandals I've tried in the past have been tight. I've settled on Keen as a good brand for the wider foot and have felt comfortable in the sandals and boots I've bought from them. I seem to remember that on some of their footwear they make an extra wide version.

Good luck with finding something that works for you, it'll be worth the effort.

Rob.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Thanks
I like the high heels, i saw a guy walking barefoot last year,i told myself i am going to do a few stretches barefoot each day and i am up to a mile before i get out the cruel shoes.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back