• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Chambre / Refugio at Vezelay

franck_franck

Hejo and all the best for you within this blog.

We will start our tour at Vezelay on the 3rd of September and looking for an overnight posiibility from the 3rd to the 4th of September 2012.

Can anyone give us a hint where we can find a place to sleep?

... in addition to that
We bought the "yellow cards" and will takte the "green route" via Bourges.
Does someone have expirients with places to sleep on that way?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Cheers
Frank :D

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
franck_franck said:
Hejo and all the best for you within this blog.

We will start our tour at Vezelay on the 3rd of September and looking for an overnight posiibility from the 3rd to the 4th of September 2012.

Can anyone give us a hint where we can find a place to sleep?

... in addition to that
We bought the "yellow cards" and will takte the "green route" via Bourges.
Does someone have expirients with places to sleep on that way?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Cheers
Frank :D

Frank,

Vezelay, the magnificent hill top monastery village in Burgundy, is a wonderful place from which to begin your Camino! How lucky you are.

Use this Vezelay tourism web site in French http://www.vezelaytourisme.com/ or in English http://en.vezelaytourisme.com/sommaire_ang.htm to help you find a room either in a pilgrim albergue or public accommodations.

In Vezelay the Association des Amis et Pélerins de Saint-Jacques de la voie de Vézelay
is located at 24 Rue Saint-Pierre, Phone .03 86 32 38 11. Their most useful site for pilgrims in Vezelay is http://www.vezelay-compostelle.eu

Please give my best to the 'la colline eternelle' or ' the eternal hill' when you are there.

Bon chemin and Buen Camino!

Margaret

The gite in Vezelay is on the right just before the church. The tourist office is useful when open, but has the normal French closings.

Many of the gites along the way are small, so it is good the crowds are small. For many of the accommodations you need to call ahead. Local organizations have volunteers who open their homes to pilgrims. They need advance notice, and they may pick you up at the church for the ride to their home. Phone numbers are in the guide books. If you need assistance calling ahead, ask your current host, or stop in a tourist office. Some French skills are quite useful on this route, but not absolutely required if you are patient and good at pantomime! We stayed one place where the host had built a gite in an addition to his home at the request of the local friends of the chemin group. He had few non-French guests, but had learned early that English speaking guests could converse if he used French one word at a time, as if speaking to a five year old. My comprehension went from 20% to 80% that evening! If you are not fluent in French, ask others to speak slowly.

Bon chemin!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
That's a pity... I am arriving the 4th in Vézelay... Just the day after you.

Thanks for the information about where to sleep. I would prefer the pilgrim's refuge, I think.

Luka said:
That's a pity... I am arriving the 4th in Vézelay... Just the day after you.

Thanks for the information about where to sleep. I would prefer the pilgrim's refuge, I think.

Hallo Luka,

may be we visit us on the tour. Will you walk the way over Bourges?

Frank

No... I walk from Vézelay to Le Puy en Velay (the route through the Morvan)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back