Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
A thought-provoking Camino memoir. This day-by-day account will inspire you.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Change of camino for this blogger

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
I just love this blogger's spirit. Even though he/she has had to change all his plans, he/she still finds positives in the whole situation!

The flight through Paris ending in Biarritz got canceled, and the next earliest flight is next week Friday 23rd. Not cool.
However, there seem to be a few hidden benefits to this seismic shift in the Camino Plan. First off, my rescheduled flight to Madrid is direct, without the multiple stops through Europe that I would have needed originally. Second, I don't need to take a train or walk from Biarritz to St. Jean de Port, since the new Madrid flight lands right in a city on the Camino.
Third, the via de Madrid is slightly shorter and joins the via Frances at Sahagún, so I can still do the Camino in my remaining vacation time.
Fourth, the via de Madrid is less traveled than the via Frances, so there will be fewer crowds. Ditto for the air delays.
The extra few days give time for some delayed ebay items to arrive and for me to enjoy the outdoors around home. Plus, I can get ahead at work with some extra projects.
And yes, Air France is handling this with class and efficiency- they gave freebies to everyone in our ticket line! Thanks!

http://unhurriedsciurid.blogspot.com/20 ... -plan.html

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Rose Louise

This guy is so lucky to have the luxury of time. To other pilgrims it will be a nightmare. They are just about ready to fly, excitement is at a pitch and then the volcano erupts. Dreams are shattered. Annual leave has been taken and the time will be too short to for any Camino. Then there are the already pilgrims finishing in Santiago with nowhere to go and not much money. My heart goes out to you all. :cry:
Rose Louise

ksam

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Portuguese '08, Frances '11, del Norte '14, Invierno '16, Ingles '17, Primitivo October 2018
Rose Louise said:
This guy is so lucky to have the luxury of time. ....Then there are the already pilgrims finishing in Santiago with nowhere to go and not much money. My heart goes out to you all. :cry:
Rose Louise

We'll have to pray that the Camino Angels continue to watch of those in Santiago, as well as the Saint Himself. Glad to hear as of this morning things are starting to loosen up and flights are able to take off. Guess we should all simply be grateful for the caution that resulted in 0 injuries or issues with any flights at all.

Hope when my next one comes around I won't have to worry about Mother Nature!!

Buen Camino all, Karin

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings