• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

changed plane forces new plan

Nanc

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (Sept 2016)
SDC/ Finesterre/ Muxia (2016)
I was going to be arriving late in SJPdP on September 6, 2016 and starting 7th to Orrisson on Sept
the strike is effecting my tickets too (flight got cancelled so after a frustrated non -French swear word, I had to put into use that Camino attitude we have all been talking about)
I will have to spend the night in Paris and will be getting into SJPdP in early afternoon
I'd like to see town a bit
I have been trying to pull up references to posts where someone mentioned when dinner is served at Orrisson and can't find it
(That was lesson number 2 as I have not been putting tags on my posts either so the internal topics are not searchable !)
so how late can I start from SJPdP to Orrisson- yeah I know you don't know my speed but...)
nanc my camino is already in motion I can tell

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
1. First, let Orisson know you will be late, so they don’t give your bed away.

2. Sunset on 6 Sep is about 8.30pm, so no worries there.

3. SJPDP to Orisson is 8 kms . . . uphill . . . so allow at least 3 hours walking.

4. You should make it by supper time if you leave SJPdP by 3pm.

5. Good luck!

6. P.S. have Plan C . . . just in case.

actually I am already seeing the bright side- My original plan gave me three hours between arriving in Paris and heading out to Biarritz by plane. Now I don't have to worry if my flight from the US gets in late!
And Air France offered 120e rebate on costs for hotel etc associated with changes due to the strike - so that will help against the hotel costs

as for #5, yup the first airlines still has an opportunity to play with me- BUT I 'm not going to think up plan C till I need it!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Supper time at orrison is when?

Hi Nanc, I think it was 6.30pm, but I stayed mid-Oct last year, when winter was beginning to set in. It might be later, 7pm, in Aug and Sep. I’m sure someone who has stayed recently will chip in soon. Jill

My bet is that even if you arrive after the dinner has been served, you won't go hungry up there. But as others have said, it'd be a good idea to let them know you will be arriving late so they don't give your room away.

I know lots of us have talked so fondly of that dinner in Orisson, so I can understand that you want to make it in time. True it's very nice to sit around the table and meet all the others starting out with you, but that's a very small part of a month of making friendships and connecting with others. You'll have millions (well, thousands) more opportunities. You're lucky you were able to keep your Orisson reservation unchanged! Buen camino, Nanc, glad to see this isn't throwing you for a loop.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I was going to be arriving late in SJPdP on September 6, 2016 and starting 7th to Orrisson on Sept
the strike is effecting my tickets too (flight got cancelled so after a frustrated non -French swear word, I had to put into use that Camino attitude we have all been talking about)
I will have to spend the night in Paris and will be getting into SJPdP in early afternoon
I'd like to see town a bit
I have been trying to pull up references to posts where someone mentioned when dinner is served at Orrisson and can't find it
(That was lesson number 2 as I have not been putting tags on my posts either so the internal topics are not searchable !)
so how late can I start from SJPdP to Orrisson- yeah I know you don't know my speed but...)
nanc my camino is already in motion I can tell

Hi everyone
I plan to walk from SJPDP on 7th September and considering staying in Orrison - sounds like I ought to be making a reservation....is this correct?

Thank you.
mmmm...didn't really want to book ahead. Would Hunto be a good alternative? Is booking ahead going to be the norm?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Well, as people in Galicia are fond to say, "it depends". On the season, on the place, on your style.
Huntto and Orisson definitely requires reservation. It is the same with private "gîtes" in SJPP. But you can arrive at the Pilgrim's bureau, and they will help with accomodation, as much as they can.
Summer in Spain may be or may be not problematic (according to different opinions in this forum). The "after Sarria" stages are generally more crowded (but there are also more albergues and hostals).
I am generally in the "no reservation" camp, but I conceded myself some latitude when I was walking with my wife and felt responsible for the lodging.
As you see, it depends.:D

Last edited:
Thank you Felipe.
I have two nights accommodation booked in SJ before setting off.
I have emailed the Refuge Orrison but not yet heard anything back - I also guess that "on the day" there may be freed up beds from those who have booked but then decided to walk on.....

Thank you Felipe.
I have two nights accommodation booked in SJ before setting off.
I have emailed the Refuge Orrison but not yet heard anything back - I also guess that "on the day" there may be freed up beds from those who have booked but then decided to walk on.....
When I tried to book into Orrison, I found that they replied from a completely different email address to the one that they use on their website, and it was treated as junk mail. If you think they haven't replied, it might pay to check that they haven't done that to you.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back