Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Changes to Renfe’s Train class system

Marbe2

Past OR future Camino
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
Came across this information on seat61.com starting this summer in reference to changes in Renfe’s seating.

Classes change starting summer 2021: Standard & Comfort...

• Now it's going to change yet again! In Summer 2021 Renfe will rename Turista Standard class (2nd class) and will rename Turista Plus & Preferente Comfort class (1st class). They'll introduce a new fares structure at the same time. More details will be added here when known.

Last edited:
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Came across this information on seat61.com starting this summer in reference to changes in Renfe’s seating.

• Now it's going to change yet again! In Summer 2021 Renfe will rename Turista Standard class (2nd class) and will rename Turista Plus & Preferente Comfort class (1st class). They'll introduce a new fares structure at the same time. More details will be added here when known.
Thanks for the info. My gut feeling is that it is a nice window dressing for a fare increase.

C clearly

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012. Hoping now for 2022.
Thanks for the info. My gut feeling is that it is a nice window dressing for a fare increase.
There could well be other changes in the fare structure that they wish to point out. Renaming could reduce confusion in that case. Some fare increase would not be a surprise.

Marbe2

Past OR future Camino
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!

I had been looking for preference seats..but they weren’t showing...now I know why.

Last edited:

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
There could well be other changes in the fare structure that they wish to point out. Renaming could reduce confusion in that case. Some fare increase would not be a surprise.
Why I said that C clearly is because I immediately thought of the airline changes and new restrictions that have done just the opposite in the states. I am thinking of basic economy, economy and economy plus. If you do not read what is and what is not included in these fares and think wow basic economy is so cheap, but if you didn't know it and tried to bring a carry on bag and maybe book a seat because you are tall and need an aisle seat, zap, zowie you are paying ore than you would for an economy seat. etc etc etc :)

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated