Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Changing of the Guard in Bodenaya

peregrina2000

Staff member
Well, we knew it was going to happen. Alex/Alejandro just announced on his facebook page that he is leaving and a new hospitalero, David, is taking over his lovingly hand-crafted space. I know things change, but this is a big one. Wishing David much success in his new venture, and I know we will hear from Alex again when he gets resettled. Looking forward to hearing reports from people who stay in the new Bodenaya, because David has a very hard act to follow! Buen camino, Laurie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
mixed feelings, I am happy for him because I can only wish him the best, but I am also happy to see that he is free. Will be missed badly!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well, we knew it was going to happen. Alex/Alejandro just announced on his facebook page that he is leaving and a new hospitalero, David, is taking over his lovingly hand-crafted space. I know things change, but this is a big one. Wishing David much success in his new venture, and I know we will hear from Alex again when he gets resettled. Looking forward to hearing reports from people who stay in the new Bodenaya, because David has a very hard act to follow! Buen camino, Laurie
I am glad to hear that Alex found someone to take over the albergue! I don't know Alex but have loved following the albergue on FB. The BESt guide to the weather and what to wear is looking at the pilgrims as they leave each morning.

I spent a night in Bodenaya a couple of years ago. A warm and generous welcome from an excellent considerate host. By far the most memorable night of my walk along the Primitivo.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Bodenaya was the most special albergue I stayed in on the Primitivo. David is doing a wonderful job.

It's the best albergue I've stayed in by far. David does a great job. A very welcoming atmosphere and super communal meal.

Stayed at Bodenaya last week. I did not have the pleasure of meeting Alex, but David offers weary pilgrims a unique, loving, and supportive welcome. From the moment you walk across his threshold to the morning farewell, it is an experience like no other. I have rarely met another who shines light from within, exudes love and hospitality, or gains such joy from making others happy. David, Muchas, muchas gracias...until we meet again!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back