Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Portugués Digital Guide Image
I update my digital guides frequently, for FREE for all purchases up to one year!

Character limit in "Recent Caminos" (text under avatar)

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Just to explain... I have limited the number of characters that can be used in the "Recent Caminos" field to 100. This because some of you have walked a lot of caminos, and the list become so long that we needed to scroll a long way for every post. So please just do a summary, or the lates ones in this field.

Please note that you can add all your caminos (with a much higher character limit) in the signature:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/account/signature
..this will show up under your posts where we have some more space.

Hopes this makes sense.

Buen camino!
Ivar

CaminoSupply.com
Apparel and accessories for your Camino
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
CaminoSupply.com
Apparel and accessories for your Camino

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
CFx2, CPx1
Hooray!
Scrolling thru pages of nilch was annoying.
.......... and I was ashamed of myself being annoyed with folk who filled it up with their commendable exploits.
.......... and whose that guy who continually over-fills the other side of the page?
Oh yeah....That'd be me.
Gerard

Holy Year Credential
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Thanks also for that info Tom. I only access via iPhone and I've never seen signatures. I'll check it out on pc when I get back to Oz.
Annie
I only use my smartphone on the forum, so have no clue what this signature thing is all about...but I'm not very tech savvy. o_O

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
I only use my smartphone on the forum, so have no clue what this signature thing is all about...but I'm not very tech savvy. o_O

When I turn my phone horizontally all the other personal bits pop-up; discovered that by happenstance.

Buen camino.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
If the signature section is used Ivar am I right in thinking this is limited to 3 lines, including if one of those is a double line break? or is that limit a little higher now? It would be good to know that as well here please.
Both having a limit to keep the forum easy to see and read is good, thank you :).

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Thanks also for that info Tom. I only access via iPhone and I've never seen signatures. I'll check it out on pc when I get back to Oz.
Annie
Hi Annie, when you are logged in tab your name at the right side of your screen Than you see two rows and in the left row you will see signature.

Open it and fill in what ever you want .

Wish you well,Peter.

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Ghislaine

Camino Francès(2006)
Le Puy/Conques(2009)
Del Norte(2012)
Portuguese(2018)
Thank you for the info. Ivar. It works.

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Without bothering Ivar, can someone help advise how I get my name back under my photo. When I click the photo, my name will come up, but it cannot be seen otherwise. Gracias.

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

C clearly

Staff member
Without bothering Ivar, can someone help advise how I get my name back under my photo. When I click the photo, my name will come up, but it cannot be seen otherwise. Gracias.
I have noticed that. When you have the window open for writing a new reply, the information is not there. When you actually post, it is included.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
I have noticed that. When you have the window open for writing a new reply, the information is not there. When you actually post, it is included.
I only just noticed that! Everything shows on my previous post on this thread, it is only in the reply box as I write that it is missing and in some ways that is easier. I am on my computer.
It is certainly easy to post now on a small screen (phone etc) and I don't think the information shows there anyway without clicking on the user name either once or, for some information, twice.

FLEUR

Veteran Member
Camino Frances 2012 - 2016
Voie de Paris / Tours Aulnay to Saintes 2017
Camino del Baztan 2018
I can't add my latest Camino. Every time I am told it's one line too long.

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Holy Year Credential

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017
When I compare your list to others it looks like you are trying to stack the caminos in a list. Instead, put them in sentence and paragraph form.

FLEUR

Veteran Member
Camino del Baztan 2018
Ok I will have another try. Thanks

FLEUR

Veteran Member
Camino del Baztan 2018

lynn

C.F. '07, '09, '18'. Not All Who Wander Are Lost.
C.F.: July '07, July '09, Sept. '18.
Hi, I was wondering also how do I get to include the Caminos past, present, and future info to show under my picture ? Thanks.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads