A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Character limit in "Recent Caminos" (text under avatar)

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Hi all,

Just to explain... I have limited the number of characters that can be used in the "Recent Caminos" field to 100. This because some of you have walked a lot of caminos, and the list become so long that we needed to scroll a long way for every post. So please just do a summary, or the lates ones in this field.

Please note that you can add all your caminos (with a much higher character limit) in the signature:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/account/signature
..this will show up under your posts where we have some more space.

Hopes this makes sense.

Buen camino!
Ivar

Advertisment

Advertisment

Hooray!
Scrolling thru pages of nilch was annoying.
.......... and I was ashamed of myself being annoyed with folk who filled it up with their commendable exploits.
.......... and whose that guy who continually over-fills the other side of the page?
Oh yeah....That'd be me.
Gerard

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
'Portuguese' ' Frances' ' Norte' 'Salvador_prim' ‘le puy’ ‘Inglés’ ‘CDM’ ‘Invierno’ ‘Fin_Mux’
Of course you have to have the 'show people's signatures' option selected in Options/Browsing preferences for this to work!
Thanks also for that info Tom. I only access via iPhone and I've never seen signatures. I'll check it out on pc when I get back to Oz.
Annie

Camino Chris

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Thanks also for that info Tom. I only access via iPhone and I've never seen signatures. I'll check it out on pc when I get back to Oz.
Annie
I only use my smartphone on the forum, so have no clue what this signature thing is all about...but I'm not very tech savvy. o_O

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
If the signature section is used Ivar am I right in thinking this is limited to 3 lines, including if one of those is a double line break? or is that limit a little higher now? It would be good to know that as well here please.
Both having a limit to keep the forum easy to see and read is good, thank you :).

Peter Fransiscus

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Annie
Hi Annie, when you are logged in tab your name at the right side of your screen Than you see two rows and in the left row you will see signature.

Open it and fill in what ever you want .

Wish you well,Peter.

Ghislaine

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francès , 2006
Puy-en-Velay à Conques, 2009
Camino Del Norte, 2012
Camino portuguese, 2018
Thank you for the info. Ivar. It works.

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015) Scotland GGW (2017) Primitivo (2018) if all vital signs working
Without bothering Ivar, can someone help advise how I get my name back under my photo. When I click the photo, my name will come up, but it cannot be seen otherwise. Gracias.

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015) Scotland GGW (2017) Primitivo (2018) if all vital signs working
Well now that's odd...the moment I sent a reply, it all shows. So all seems to be okay.

C clearly

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016). Seville-Astorga (Mar 2017). Mozarabe (Apr-May 2018)
Without bothering Ivar, can someone help advise how I get my name back under my photo. When I click the photo, my name will come up, but it cannot be seen otherwise. Gracias.
I have noticed that. When you have the window open for writing a new reply, the information is not there. When you actually post, it is included.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
I have noticed that. When you have the window open for writing a new reply, the information is not there. When you actually post, it is included.
I only just noticed that! Everything shows on my previous post on this thread, it is only in the reply box as I write that it is missing and in some ways that is easier. I am on my computer.
It is certainly easy to post now on a small screen (phone etc) and I don't think the information shows there anyway without clicking on the user name either once or, for some information, twice.

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 142 26.3%
  • June