• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Charles de Gaulle to Biarritz

NewLife2015

First Time Posting, 1st Camino: I have the "pre-Camino Jitters," BIG TIME despite having read so much. I live in Mexico as an ex-Pat and plan to fly standby Sept.1 from Guadalajara, Mexico to Dallas, Dallas to Paris Charles de Gaulle. I’m not good at airline sites (due to a Mexican computer & having seldom used them flying standby most my life.) I cannot pre-purchase a ticket on EASY JET since I don’t know if I will get on the flights I planned. IF all goes well or I get on flights a few days later, can I just go up to the Easy Jet counter and try to buy a one way flight to Biarritz or what are my options? I know they are posted somewhere on this site but I am exhausted with my “pre-Camino” walking almost every day for a month! Any current info on Easy Jet (does anyone else fly from Charles de Gaulle to Biarritz? I would rather fly, but any train info you can give me? I’m not bringing a device to of buy a ticket online last minute.

Female, 66, 2 hip replacements, spinal fusion, feel great and walking well, and a plus, I know how to travel light!

Help me ease my jitters!

Thank you!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I would have thought Mexico City to Madrid ...

Prices for discount airlines like Easy Jet go up as the day of travel approaches. As pointed out there is a risk the flights are booked. I have purchased a ticket online at a hotel the morning of travel. If you prepurchase a ticket you might lose if you can't make the flight but given that you can get a ticket at a very low price ... so what?

I don't know if Easy Jet will sell a ticket at the counter at the airport. You'd have to contact them to find out.

Easy Jet from Paris CDG
Air France from Paris Orly
http://en.biarritz.aeroport.fr/destination/compagnie.html

I purchased an Easyjet ticket from CDG to Biarritz for about $75.00. I have a 3 hour layover in CDG, so it it a good chance that even if US flight is a little late, I could still make the Easyjet flight.

If I miss my Easyjet flight, I am prepared to take the train. Easyjet does not refund missed flights, but money may be recovered by credit card insurance or other travel insurance.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back