• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Chased by bulls in Los Arcos.

• Thread starter Deleted member 59555
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 59555

Three years ago in Los Arcos a great hot sunny day I had just met a fellow countryman from New Zealand. We had set off from our Albergue to find something for dinner. We entered the square and were in the cafe on the opposite side of the Church. By the time we came out having still not had dinner, it was about five o'clock. We found barriers up and people gathering in quite some numbers. We both said to each other, what's going on? It was their version of the running of the bulls. This was a great piece of entertainment and went on for some time we saw one bull try to destroy the railing around the monument in the middle of the square.
It was a great time to remember in the sun for all sorts of reasons.
After what seemed a good amount of time we saw no more action from our position behind the rails and we considered this spectacle was over. So two good old Kiw's slipped under the rails and casually wandered down the square to the archway where we had come in some time before. Most of the locals lit up with all sorts of advice as to what we should be doing and what we shouldn't be doing of cour all in Spanish. What the hell are they on about we thought to ourselves.
With that two young Spaniard raced up alongside us and in an unspoken language suggested that we look behind us and consider that we should be moving a little faster considering this was not over and there was a bull behind us sizing us up. By now all four of us were heading for the barriers at the end of the square. People behind that barrier could see what was going to happen and it did, we all four poured ourselves over the top of the barriers still being given great amounts of advice from the locals. Please if you are going to tell two New Zealander they are totally stupid please use English. But at the end of the day, I have to say we did get the message.:p:p
I hope I have brought a smile to someone's face.
If you have some story that will make us smile in these terrible times and help us stay together as the Camino family that we are.
Then let's hear them.
|God bless you all.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I think I might have been there in Los Arcos at the same time. If not, then I happened to be there another time when some different uncomprehending Kiwis happened into the plaza/bullring.
Yes it was about the end of Aug, 2017

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ha good to meet you my friend gave me a bit of a fright.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back