• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cheap Accomodation in Bayonne?

cmr924

I will be getting into Bayonne on the 26th, at around midnight. I am looking to take the train to St Jean de Pied de Port on the 27th.

Any ideas for cheap accomodation that I can walk to from the bus station? I will be coming from Salamanca using ALSA. I am a student so I am not looking (read: able) to spend very much on a night in a hostel of some sort.

I wish I could have made some contributions to the forum prior to asking this question, but my departure date is coming up fast, and I have this doubt weighing on me...

Thanks!

-Chris

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I do not know anything about accommodations in Bayonne but I believe the train is out of service until June.

When you arrive in Bayonne walk out of the station and look left across the parking lot. There you will see the Hotel Paris Madrid which is run by Patrick and Sylvie Sorbois. They speak English and charge between 20 euro and 34 euro. Email them at sorbois@wanadoo.fr

The train line is under repairs until June so you will take a morning bus to St Jean.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If Paris Madrid Hotel is full, they can suggest another hotel to you. We stayed about 2 blocks away at a nice place they suggested. Can't recall the name, and can't find my journal from 2006.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Couchsurfing.com

I found a place to stay for FREE. Many of the people in Bayonne on Couchsurfing.com are young-ish and might not mind you getting in late. It's a thought. It's free to join and I have had great luck with it. There is even a verification process and a way to vouch for people too. It's a thought.

There's a Youth Hostel in Anglet very near the coast in Bayonne. It wouldn't be walkable from the station but the Tourist Office wouold tell you how to get there - we found it on bikes. It would be cheaper than hotels. You don't have to be a youth (if you're not) - we are in our 50's.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back