• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cheap flights help please (MAY) SJDP

aron

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to do my first camino (May/Jun) 2014
Hi, Im trying to find out where the best place in the uk is to get the cheapest flights to sjdp, For the end of (May) time as i am trying to do this on as little as possible, And really wanted to be in Pamplona for the bull run. Any help would be gratefully appreciated, :)
Thankyou for any future info :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi aron,

I took an inexpensive flight from STN-BIQ (Stansted-Biarritz). I believe it was Ryan Air. From where in the UK would you depart?

Keep in mind the Fiesta de San Fermin starts 6 July and ends 14 July. Starting your walk at the end of May should give you plenty of time to get to SdC (maybe even Muxia and/or Fisterra). 5-6 weeks? You could then train back to Pamplona. Being in Pamplona at that time is an incredible experience. I was able to do this after my first walk.

Trust in the arrows,
Simeon

Go to skyscanner . For your starting point put in UK.

It's likely a little too early for May deals.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thats what i thought, The best i could get was £31 to bilbao but thats abit to far from sjdp, I will keep looking, Thanks, If you do hear anything keep me posted :)

Hi aron,

I took an inexpensive flight from STN-BIQ (Stansted-Biarritz). I believe it was Ryan Air. From where in the UK would you depart?

Keep in mind the Fiesta de San Fermin starts 6 July and ends 14 July. Starting your walk at the end of May should give you plenty of time to get to SdC (maybe even Muxia and/or Fisterra). 5-6 weeks? You could then train back to Pamplona. Being in Pamplona at that time is an incredible experience. I was able to do this after my first walk.

Trust in the arrows,
Simeon
Hi there Simeon,
Im from Blackpool so it would be the northwest of the uk id be flying from, That sounds a great idea, It would also cooler wouldnt it leaving in April?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Bilbao is 2 hour bus ride from Bayonne where the train to SJPdP departs several times a day. There are 2 buses daily from Bilbao to Bayonne and they cost less than 20 euros.

Bilbao is 2 hour bus ride from Bayonne where the train to SJPdP departs several times a day. There are 2 buses daily from Bilbao to Bayonne and they cost less than 20 euros.

Hi Biaritzdon, So it isnt to bad flying to Bilbao, :) I will do more research :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I was going to do this a year and a half ago, I trained up for months and then two weeks before i was supposed to go,
I broke my leg! The leg is alot stronger again now, And i have just started doing backpack walks again.
But lost all my info on the walk so alot of planning ahead :0

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.