• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cheap hotel in pamplona near the airport and camino?

61pilgrim

Hi All, Thanks Laurie for asking me what airline, it helped Sillydoll give me a great tip. Next question regards resting after a 20 hour flight from Seattle USA to Pamplona. As I'm in my 6th decade I think it might be prudent to rest a day before the walk in the city of Pamplona. I want to be sure to get the best bang for my limited buck (s). So connections from airport to hotel, then to the WAY would be helpful. Any ideas?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Last May I stayed in the Hotel Eslava at 41 euros for a single with toilet/shower. Simple, but very clean and very nice staff. And if you are starting your walk in Pamplona, it is nicely situated for getting onto the camino in the morning because you don't have to trapse through town. They also had a marvelous buffet breakfast included in room cost, and served from 7:00 am. Their website is http://www.hotel-eslava.com

I caught a city bus from the airport into town. I believe it ran every half hour on weekdays and every hour on the weekends and cost either 1 or 2 Euros.

Buen Camino,

Sheesh

Pamplona is lovely city with many beautiful sites to see! It would be worth your while to spend a day recovering from the flight and seeing the city. I'm not sure what day you arrive, but on Sundays, the Museum of Navarre is GRATIS! If you are Catholic, the Priest does a lovely mass at the large Cathedral.

There are many little squares with nice cafe's and coffee shops and bakeries...

If you'd like to begin your Camino as a Peregrina, you can book space your second night here at this sweet Alburgue:

Alburgue Casa Paderborn
E-31014 Pamplona
Playa de Caparroso #6 (near Puente Magdalena)
Telephone: 948.211.712
7 Euro includes breakfast!
26 beds

They will take your reservation and it is a very clean, nice alburgue, and much smaller than the municipal.They have a washing machine and dryer, as well as outdoor washstation and clotheslines. They have several HOT showers. It's a very nice place. You could sleep here the first night, get your credential stamped, and be on your way next morning!

Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The airport is only 6km from the city and there are regular buses between the airport and the city bus station on C. Yanguas & Miranda, opposite the citadel. Cost is about 1 euro.
The bus station is'nt far from the old quarter where the budget hotels are - many down San Nicolas, a pedestrian lane that runs off the main plaza Castillo. You'll enjoy a stroll through the old streets.

Attachments

• Pamplona map.jpg
    Pamplona map.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 962

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back